Monday 29 March 2021

Dreams of sunshine birthdays with Visible Image

Good morning it's time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image. For today's make I was inspired by my upcoming "not going to happen big birthday plans". I have a big birthday coming up on Thursday and all the plans we made a few years ago have gone out of the window courtesy of Mr Corona.  

We had planned a celebratory trip and a lovely meal out .

This is a distant memory of a meal out in our beloved Rhodes 2 years ago. 


 but as that is not going to happen I created an imaginary "sunshine holiday" birthday on a canvas. A girl can still dream can't she?  Confused....well that's how my creative brain works. All will be revealed....

I worked with these sets;

the birthday sentiment from Lost for words



and the Count me in stencil
This is what I got up to;
I added drops of picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade and crackling campfire distress reinker to a rectangle of water colour card and added water using my distress sprayer. 
Once dry I added these distress inks through  the Count me in stencil

I also machine stitched around the edge of the card.
Next I created a circle frame for my flowers using 3 die cut scallop circle edges. 
I stamped the flowers from 
Random art of kindness onto inky mop up card and cut them out. I decoupaged the centers of the circular ones and adding glitter pen details to them all for extra sparkle.
I then glued them around the circle frame.
I stamped the birthday sentiment onto card and stitched a border. I also did this to a coloured card mat and stuck them together.
I glued this into the centre of the floral circle.
I made a corrugate card base for my canvas by adding a little red ink and then some embossing powders to it for extra detail and texture.
 I ripped off some of the covering and used a brush to add embossing ink to areas around the visible edges only. I sprinkled in the powders and heat embossed them from underneath.
Then I matted the finished canvas onto blue card, adhered it to the base and added sprinkle of sequins to finish.

Job done....

Here it is...you might need sun glasses!
with some close ups showing the details.




and one last shot of my Calypso birthday canvas.

I would like to enter my canvas into the following challenges;

The house that stamps built 1/3 anything goes
Fab n funky 1/3 flowers

 All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.
This is the link to the new release. 

 If you would like to follow me on Instagram where I share all my makes, this is the link to my account.

 My Hb and I will obviously not be donning our sunglasses on Thursday and lapping up the sunshine in a tropical hideaway. We will still enjoy a little celebration at home ....and a bottle of champagne is going in the fridge to chill.

The only upside of all this is we that don't have to share it with anyone!!!! Cheers! 

I will be back here on my birthday, as of course being the first of the month I also have my other 2 DT's hats to put on. Time and tide eh!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Bye for now,

Jane x



3 comments:

  1. Awe I'm so sorry your birthday plans have been (not cancelled) put on hold!!
    And as is always typical of you my dear, you're taking it in your stride ... and you get to drink ALL the champagne!! ;)
    Gorgeous card as always!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Jane! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This card is amazing!! A lot of steps, but it turned out so well! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x