Wednesday 5 September 2018

Jane's planes

Today I am sharing my 2nd  inspiration post for Country View Challenges where our September challenge is "Planes, trains and automobiles". All the details can be found here

I had already used my only appropriate car stamps for my first project, which you can see here.

 I had to dig deep into my stash for my second project and remembered my super Tim Holtz "side order" for my side kick..the fab Travel die set. This sweet set has a plane in it so I used a snippet of alcohol inked paper and die cut myself some tiny planes.
 I will confess that they are quite fiddly to put together so I decided to make 4 of them in one go.
A fleet of Jane's Planes 
As you well know I love making cards with my vintage road map pages and and they sell really well down at Dotty's Teahouse in Carshalton. I decided to use it make 2 new cards with my little fleet of Jane's Planes.

Here is number 1.
I die cut a hoop from corrugated card and added some gesso. The sentiment is by STAMPlorations. 
 I then added glitter twine to the planes to link their destinations.

 Here is my finished card
and that left over plane from my fleet got made into this one....
and yes they both flew out of the shop and have already been sold. I need to get a new fleet of Jane's Planes made soon. 

I would like to enter my first Jane's Planes card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #334
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday stamp on it
Allsorts things with wings

We hope to see lots of you joining in with the planes, trains and automobiles challenge this month. Why not have a dig through your own stash and see what you have there to use and then share it with us? You might even be the random winner of the £20 Country View Crafts voucher.
The details again can be found here

Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind comments,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



11 comments:

  1. Oh what a great one for our 'wings' theme ar Allsorts challenge Jane, is't it funny that planes seem to be the last thing that comes into people minds, lovely entry thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janes Planes!! You could start your own travel company, that would be wonderful ... mates rates and all that!! :)
    I love your cards Jane and your little multi-coloured planes ... so clever!!
    Have a fabulous fun week ahead my friend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ingenious creation (as always Jane). Love your little planes with the maps...lets hope they are already flying to a recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fab design Jane! I love the maps too, never used one (I do use map stamps though) on account I never dared! As soon as I replace my very old AA tome I'll have a go. The little planes from alcohol ink background looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the adventure that your card brings to mind. Good luck on winning the contests! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Jane, I love that sentiment and what cute planes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and very well thought out.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Things With Wings' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Jane! I think my first comment disappeared on me - such a clever idea, and we all have maps of some sort as well - if not the planes :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just PLANE gorgeous (ha, ha-- see what I did there?) But really- you took those little airplane dies to a whole new level. They are definitely the most elegant airplanes I've ever seen! I love how you composed the scene, too, and even added the string into the mix. Really creative and it's always a joy to see what you've come up with. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your airplane card is so nice. You do a great job and glad others are buying your cards. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x