Friday 28 September 2018

Who said that summer is over?

Wow it has been the most amazing few days in the South of England where temperatures have got to 24c most days this week. I went down to babysit for my daughter on Tuesday and stayed over. On Wednesday after dropping Daisy off at school we walked to one of her super local cafes by the coast. This one is called Breezes and is like a marine version of Dotty's Teahouse. I loved it.
This was the back room, there is even outside seating in cabins too.
 We parked up sleeping Jack
and enjoyed an hour of girlie catch up

followed by a walk back to my DDs house in the sunshine
 How about that for a view (it's the Isle of Wight you can see in the distance).
Such a lovely way to spend a few precious hours.

My project today just had to reflect the delightful nautical theme of the cafe, the seaside and our hour of precious Mum and daughter time. I used the Visible Image Dare to swim stamp set, capture the moments sentiment and their fibres stencil. It is a simple small canvas  made with distress inks with the perfect words.
Here are a couple of close ups. I added glitter and glossy accents to one of the jelly fish.

I would like to enter my canvas into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more 3/3 anything goes
Fashionable stamping 3/3 quote away
As you like it 1/3 favourite season mine is summer as I do adore the long sunny day and the feel of warm sun on my skin. (But don't mention the C word as I love that too!)
Lil patch of crafty friends 3/3 anything goes
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes
The alphabet challenge N for nature

The sun came out again today and the weekend looks set fine too. Just looking out at the sunshine is in itself a very precious moment.

Just to give you all a heads up...there is a sentiment sale over at Visible Image and all the individual sentiments, including the one I used today, are 50%...yes 50% off! Just follow the link by clicking here.

Enjoy your weekend too.

Back on Monday,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely day . . . daughter, grandchildren and being by the sea. You captured your day beautiful in your art project.
    Perfection,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Jane...so envious..it looks idyllic by that sea. More wonderful memories made and a card to add to the mix....what more could you want. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card. Love the colours of the sea. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your card, the colours are amazing, I can almost smell the sea. Beautiful So pleased you shared with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is stupendous! I love nautical images and colors. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your dear daughter. Have a fab weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, a lovely canvas to remind you of the warm weather and precious time spent with your daughter and grand children. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute place. Did you ask about selling your cards there too? I'm glad you enjoyed the sun and beach, and the fun day with the family hunting conkers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful underwater scene, gorgeous colours.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic creation and I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing in our Alphabet Challenge! Good Luck and please come back next month!

    Darlene
    Alphabet Challenge DT
    ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x