Monday 1 April 2019

A rocking birthday

This is my second post today. If you are looking for my Country View Challenges post you can find it here
So 2 posts on my birthday, who would believe it! Thanks so much for coming back. 
For my Visible Image Monday design team I made something inspired by some of the bands I loved as a teenager...Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Alice Cooper....yes you get the picture I was quite a heavy rocker. It seemed just the right thing to be celebrating on my birthday.
I wanted to do something very different with the new release stamps and combine them with a couple of other existing sets. 
These are the stamp sets I used with links to the website;

I have also been having fun making Gelli prints using the
This is what I got up to. I used red and black acryllic paint and pulled a print.
I then stamped the inky butterfly from live life now.

On a piece of card I red embossed the sentiment in this set and also one from "We are not alone". 
I stamped and embossed some of the medium butterflies onto black and white card and one large one onto white card. I added a hint of colour to this butterfly.
I red embossed the hands and cut the fingers a little to enable them to "hold" the largest butterfly from wings of change. In real life this is all very dimensional
I then put my card together.
Some close ups;

and one last shot
Well that's me done for today. I am being taken out to celebrate by my dear Hb. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Thanks for stopping by twice in one day. And in case you are wondering.. yes I am still quite a Rock Chick..or should I say at my age, Rock Hen!!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

7 comments:

  1. A BIG "happy birthday" Jane...have a lovely day!

    From one rock 'hen' to another (Jennifer) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday!! I hope you have a spectacular time out with your husband. I'm glad you've already taken time to do something you like to do by creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na ... you're still a chick Jane!!! :)
    What a striking card!!
    Happy new month my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow, this card has is awesome Jane, I love the dramatic colours & design. Fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a stunning piece of art,thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I never knew that about you, you love rock music too. You certainly rocked this design and colour palette, brilliantly put together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and design. Such a strong design and composition - adore. Thank you for joining us at Love 2 Create challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x