Monday 15 April 2019

Seeing the colours of spring

Good morning another new week beckons and the extra daylight in the evenings is so noticeable. The colours around me are so fresh too.
 Billy is loving being outside
 and on my walks to Dotty's Teahouse with my cards there is so much pretty blossom to be seen.

I used this colour palette for my Monday Visible Image DT make. I worked with 4 of the new mixed media stamp sets
 and a sentiment from the fab The world need art
I decided to make a rocker card as I have not made one of these for years and it is a fun card shape. There are lots of tutorials of how to construct the card on the Internet. The circle dies I used to cut the layers and rocker are from The Works.
I stamped the eye image onto card and coloured it with distress inks  .
and then masked it out before adding some more distress inks. 
                                     The background layer is a gelli plate print from my stash using the Random art of kindness set


I fussy cut my butterflies which were stamped on pink card.
I cut the rocker using pink card and then put everything together. I also added some colour to my focal image using gel pens.
Here is my card
with some close ups

and one last shot.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it 3/3 April
Creative moments 3/3 anything goes
Penny Black and More 2/3 Springtime
Lil patch of crafty friends 3/3 anything goes
Crafter's castle 3/3 anything goes
Let's craft and create 2/3 Anything goes/butterflies
Allsorts 1/3 blossom, butterflies, bugs
Simon says Wednesday no designer paper

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Thanks for stopping today and enjoy the wonderful fresh colours of spring.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Jane! I love the design; I've never seen a rocker card before. That gel plate background is amazing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so artistic! I am always enthralled by how you come up with your card and this is cool. I love the eye and the background colours set off with th saying and the butterflies. When you mentioned rocker card, I thought you were making something having to do with rock music...hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely colourful creation and grape hyacinths my faves.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card Jane!!!
    Poor Billy wouldn't enjoy being outside here today that's for sure, he'd be like me at the moment sat in front of the fire!!
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very modern and super creation. Thank you for joining our 'Butterflies, blossoms and bugs' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your floral fotos! The card you designed is another award winner and would look lovely framed and on your studio wall. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Jane! It's so colourful and striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jane

    Can you please pop over to Crafty Friends Challenge Blog as you have won a prize, please see link below... can you please drop me an email to claim your prize, all details are on the blog

    https://craftyfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2019/04/challenge-107-happy-birthday.html

    Thanks
    Diane Louise
    Crafty Friends Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic - gorgeous kitty too :)

    Thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, just stunning. I love your creations. Thanks for joining us at ‘Lets Craft and Create’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very artistic creation! Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hope to see you again!
    💝 from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun design. Great colours, fabulous detail. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x