Monday 8 April 2019

Crafting at Ally Pally 2019

This year was a first for me as I was delighted to be asked by Helen and Mark to demo at the Crafting at Ally Pally show in London at Alexandra Palace, on the Stampers' Grove Stand. James and Emma aka Stampers' Grove take Visible Image products all around the country selling at various shows.
I made a few samples in preparation and the one below demonstrated using the new alcohol ink pearls.
Here is a little snapshot.
I didn't take my camera with me so I am grateful that Helen took some photos, these are hers, thanks Helen xxx
There were lots of questions to answer!
Tips to share

 and yes I always get very inky!


It really was such fun sharing my love of Visible Image products and to put names to faces. I was also delighted to introduce new some customers too. One lady who was visiting from Venezuela. She had never stamped and was very keen to start. I took her around the stand and she picked up her first ever stamping kit including a set of Visible Image stamps. She was so excited to fly home on the Sunday and get started!

My Monday design team for Visible Image is the accordion card I took to the show as it included stamps from a 6 sets of the new mixed media ones. I wanted something to show them all together. These sets have been so popular.
Creative chaos
 See everything
Random art of kindness
 Art rebel
  The world needs art
 and Wings of change 

 People at the show asked how my card was made, as I didn't demo this one.  I told then that my step my step would be on my blog today so here goes.
I used PaperArtsy Fresco paints.
and brayered a background onto 2 A4 sheets of card as I wanted to make 2 masterboards to cut up.
I used these colours of Archival ink
and randomly stamped over the sheets using all the image sets. Here is one of the sheets in progress
I then die cut my accordion card
and stamped the 4 World needs art sentiments, 1 on each panel.
I also added some stamps which I yellow embossed
and also stamped and cut out a few images.
I then put everything together. Here is my accordion card
with some close ups;

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it 1/3 April
The butterfly challenge D is for mine is denim blue (my butterflies and fish) and Dartmouth green which is the green archival ink I used.
Creative moments 1/3 anything goes
Allsorts 1/3 sentiment in focus
Addicted to stamps 1/3 lots of layers/stamps
Penny Black and More Springtime
Lil patch of crafty friends 1/3 anything goes
Crafter's castle 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stampin 1/3 mellow yellow/spring
Let's craft and create 1/3 Anything goes/butterflies

Now after I finished off my card I had some off-cuts which sat on my side. I had a flash of inspiration that I could use them to made Artist trading coins, which I did.
These were all packed ready for taking to the show when I had one last idea. If I attached a badge back to them I could turn them into badges for Helen, Mark and myself to wear at the show. I quickly ordered some on line and hey presto, one of a kind badges!
which Mark, Helen and I wore at the show!
I really had a lovely day and thoroughly enjoyed demoing and meeting so many lovely crafters, new and seasoned!

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Thanks for stopping by and getting to the end of this rather long post. I would also like to warmly welcome my newest followers. Thanks for joining me here on my creative journey. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x







17 comments:

  1. Wow what an exciting day and beautiful cards, I’m sure lots of visitors loved coming to watch you demoing and picking up some tips and beautiful products to go home with. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Jane you look like you're in your element!!! I'm quite sure you were an inspiration to many people on Saturday!
    Your card of course is stunning and how brilliant are your little badges!!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun... shame I couldn't be there to see you... ships passing had totally new meaning lol!!
    Love your makes and glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been fun to be in that show and demonstrate-tiring but fun. I love how you made that card which i would have no idea how to create that. Love the colours and the background with the bold sayings which i agree with 100%. I also love the buttons which people must have liked as well. I just saw the pearl alcohol inks which would be fun to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as if you had an amazing day at Ally Pally, what a lovely experience to share the craf you love with so many people.
    Your card is fabulous, love it! Great step by step tutorial too.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks stunning Jane. Beautiful colours and design. It looks to me you had a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you were very popular in your booth.. what you made is very impressive!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleased to hear you have taken the demo plunge Jane, it's fun isn't it and admit since I've been not so well rather miss it.

    A super creation for our Spring theme at Penny Black and More and the little fishes are an interesting addition, many thanks for joining in with our 'Spring' theme at Penny Black and More challenge and also our sentiment in focus theme at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wonderful samples, wish i'd been there. Your badges are a fantastuc idea,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a good time at Ally Pally. You card is so lovely - thanks for the tut.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dream day!
    Pretty and lovely coins!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blow paying for the shed I wish I had gone now!!! Your card looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like your demo was popular :) I'm glad you had a good time and had the chance to share your love of creating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these look like they were such great fun to create! Fab designs,

    Thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and badges. I love your colour choices. Thanks for joining us at ‘Lets Craft and Create’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun card; love the unique shape! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s April Challenge! –Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab project and design
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x