Wednesday 15 April 2020

A hummingbird thank you

Hi again, I am back with my second design team post for our April challenge over at Country View Crafts. We would love to see all your animal creations for our April challenge and one lucky randomly selected entry will receive a £20 gift code to spent on the website.
All the details can be found here;

After using an owl for my first card today
I used the gorgeous Visible Image humming bird set life is beautiful. I also wanted to make a thank you card as there as so many people at the moment I would love to thank.
with the new thank you sentiment set. 
This is what I got up to. I sprayed a mix of green and blue distress ink sprays and then added brushed pewter spray to give a silvery finish.
 I stamped the sentiment in place. The lovely thing about this set is that the thank you is separate from the words so you can place it wherever you wish.
I stamped the wing of the hummingbird onto a piece of left over alcohol inked card.
 and then cut it out.

I then stamped the whole hummingbird onto my background and added the wing raising it up slightly on foam fixers. I also stamped some extra detail onto the background using archival ink and the circle stamp from the same set.
Here is my finished card.

and one final shot
I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Through the purple haze 3/3 anything goes
Craft stamper take it make it 2/3  anything goes
Penny Black and More 3/3 anything goes
Allsorts 3/3 something old, something new... my old is my hummingbird, my new is my Thank you sentiment set.
The cutie pie challenge Bunnies, bear and Bs my B is my bird

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our April "Animal magic" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the April challenge can be found here.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

So my thank you card is a virtual one to say thank you to all the people in my life who are helping in so many ways. There are some truly awesome selfless people out there.

Stay safe, stay at home stay and a big thank you to everyone who stops by here too! 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Love that little hummingbird! :)
    Stay safe lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a pretty card and stylish design, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this time round.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jane! Love the colours and that hummingbird image is so striking! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use such cool techniques! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Jane, beautiful hummingbird and what a great 'thank you' set. Take care, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love those greens !!

    Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card dear Jane! Fabulous background for it!
    Stay save and healthy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x