Monday 13 April 2020

Staying strong with Visible Image

Good morning, a fortnight has rolled round and it is time for my regular design team post for Visible Image.

You may remember that some time ago I made some stenciled backgrounds using the 
Breaking glass stencil This was shared on social media when it was released back in February. 
I just used white pigment ink on black card to achieve this;
The background then sat in my WIP box for a while until inspiration struck! I decided that it would make the perfect background for the design I had in mind and I dug it out this week. This is what I got up to. First I stamped and white embossed a sentiment from


and the moon from the 
I added some glitter glass around the edges to resemble smashed glass.
I stamped the owl in black Versafine onto a scrap of watercolour card and then added a little colour using Zig watercolour pens. I fussy cut him out and stuck him in place, using foam fixers under his wings for dimension.
Here is my finished card.

with some close ups, trying to show the real sparkle from the glass glitter.

and one last shot.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Lil patch of crafty friends 3/3 anything goes
More mixed media 3/3 anything goes
We love to create 3/3 anything mixed media
Crafter's castle 3/3 anything goes
Through the purple haze 2/3 anything goes
Craft stamper take it make it 1/3  anything goes
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes
Allsorts 2/3 something old, something new...my old is my night owl, he has been inked soooo many times, I just love him!

All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots of the samples we have been making with the new release in the flesh!

Their Instagram page can be found here

  Pinterest  here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

There is  also a fab discount code KEEPSTAMPING which will give you 20% off everything on the website. This just perfect for crafters who are sending out cards to help raise people's spirits at this time. Visible Image is a small husband and wife team who are still shipping here in the UK and abroad for as long as they are able to . 

We also have a challenge running over on Facebook, with great prizes. The link is above.  Perhaps you might join us and then send what you have made to someone you care for and cannot see in person for now? 

Back soon,

Stay safe and stay creative,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous stamps and stencils, gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter glass ... very apt sentiment too!
    Happy, healthy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card-stencil and stamps-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUN-NING! What type of adhesive did you use to add the glitter glass. Definitely has the look of night about it. Amazing make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca, thanks so much. I just used my usual Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue. It is my go to glue for nearly every card I make! xx

      Delete
  5. Another beautiful owl card well done mum x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design Jane, so striking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fab ..... love the owl. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely project! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Wow fabulous owl and love what you did to the background, thank you for playing along with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is amazing. It looks like the Owl is coming right out of the background. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge Blog! ~Tracy, DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x