Wednesday 22 June 2022

Dragonfly days

Welcome to summer! We have had some glorious sunny weather recently and on my daily local walks I have even seen some dragonflies. They are sooo hard to capture on my camera...so here is a photo I took a while back when we were on holiday in Italy. They really are magical creatures and the way they shimmer in the sunshine is very magical. The detail on their wings is quite incredible.

Today it is time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. Inspired by the beginning of summer and my dragonfly sightings I have used one of the 3 delightful dragonfly sets they sell; Dragonfly reflection If you click on any of my links they will take you to the website.

This is a beautiful large A5 set of stamps and has a "choice" of wings too for extra versatility, some gorgeous background stamps and 3 cool words. I decided to make a tag used the inky numbers version of the wings just to be a bit more magical and very VI!
This is what I got up to; 
I made a Brushos background using these 2 colours 
and cut a tag from it. I like to frame some of my tags so I also cut a tag in black card slightly bigger. 
Using the torn mesh stamp in the set I stamped a border using Green oasis Versafine Claire ink.
I added some more detailing using the inky circle and grunge circle stamps. I used Paradise and Charming pink Clair ink.

I then stitched around the edges using my sewing machine and yellow cotton for contrast.
To make the wings I used alcohol inks on heat resistant acetate. I have demoed this technique at several shows and it is always a crowd pleaser. I just drip the inks onto the acetate. The pearl alcohol inks work best as they are more opaque but any AI does work. 

I just drip until I have a mix I like (this is so hard to show in a photo!)
 I always stamp on the non inked side and use Archival ink. I add clear embossing powder and gently heat emboss. It is fiddly but the results are really worth it. I then cut the wings out. I tend to make several pairs at a time to use for future projects. 
I stamped the dragonfly onto the tag.
And then adhered 1 pair of wings in place with 3D glue
I also added drops of the glue in random places for a watery effect.


Here is my finished tag.
with a couple of close ups;


and one final shot.

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I organize a monthly artist trading card swap there.  We are celebrated a whole year of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Nearly 100 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details for each swap are  put up in the group on 23rd of the month. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time! 

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here


Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

A little heads up before I go that the brand new Christmas 2022 stamp release is on pre order NOW over on the website. 

 and it is gorgeous...here are a few of my first DT samples. This set is called Let it snow
Below are 3 tags made  using Vintage Santa
and last but definitely not least as I ADORE this set;  Christmas robin.

You can find all the details of my cards over on my Instagram account @jane.tyrrell  and I will be sharing more in the coming days and weeks. 

The new stamps are on the VI website here;


I am also doing an extra Visible Image blog post with a "Christmas in July" make on 2nd July. The annual host of that blog post is...my sweet cat Billy (yes seriously). Don't miss him, he writes a good post and is very pleasing on the eye!  Just don't tell him that 😉 He has always been the avatar to for my blog. Here he is sitting on the roof of my garden studio. 
Bye for now. 

 Jane x

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning tag Jane, gorgeous colours and those wings are amazing!!
    Enjoy your week my dear ...and maybe send some of your sunshine, please,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x