Saturday 3 August 2024

Buttons and lace for Country View crafts challenges

Hello everyone, it's time for my first blogged design team make for our August Country View Crafts challenge hosted over on Facebook. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is Here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will warmly welcome you. It is also be a place you can be the first to hear about workshops, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 330 crafters and we are growing every day. You can enter the challenges up to 5 times as you like as long as you use products or brands which are stocked on the Country View Website.

The theme for this month is "use buttons and lace on your make". Now I rarely use either so this stretched me a bit and I decided to use a little artistic licence and used some "faux" lace with my buttons on my first make.
 
This is how it all came together. 

First I stamped and white heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Visible Image "Have I told you" set onto a black square card blank. Then I die cut the wreath from the Vault Tim Holtz funky wreath set. I also die cut some of the foliage and the bow from the set and some hearts using his Stacked hearts set.


I used an ancient "lace" edge die from my stash and die cut it using cream card. There is a lace die on the website here


Then I put my buttons heart wreath together.


Here is my finished card again


with a close up


and 1 final shot.


I really hope I might have inspired you to join in and and have a play. Our challenges are open worldwide.

This amazing new Tim Holtz stamp set is the prize for August 
Wow, this one is on my wish list! This is one not to miss.

Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram Here @jane.tyrrell where I share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog.

I will be back to share my 2nd design team for the challenge on 19th August and for that make I have used some real, not faux lace!.

Bye for now,

Jane x

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty little card Jane .. enjoy your weekend my dear! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x