Friday 27 November 2015

Late autumn walking

On Sunday I took Bear out for a few walks as we were minding him for the weekend. Luckily for him I love walking so I took my camera and set off for the park, where a couple of months ago we went collecting conkers with Daisy Jane. If you missed that post you can read it here

The trees look so different now that they have dropped all but the last stragglers of their leaves. They are still so beautiful. Silent giants.


 The dropped leaves provide lots of good nutrients to the soil, Mother Nature has a few million years on us re recycling!
I also noticed that very near to my house on the local green they have put up a few little Christmas lights.....I am delighted. Occasionally we have them down at the ponds but never so near...they must know that I am Mrs. Christmas

and speaking of my beloved ponds we spied a lone swan. I loved the shadows of the branches in the water. 




We had some lovely walks.

So my card today is a Christmas card based on a walk to Church but a more vintage walk....I found this great digi on the Graphic Fairy's web site and made it into a festive card with lots of branches, all laden with snow...............
 I've added lots of "greenery" with various leaf die cuts and some snowtex and Glamour dust for extra sparkle. The deer is Memory box,

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Memory Box glitter
Pixies' snippets playground 3/3  #204 I used lots of snippets of card for my die cute and a tiny snippet of twine too,
 The Craft Barn snowflakes there are snowflakes on my glitter die cut sentiment.
Noor UK anything goes
Rudolph day's anything Christmas
Simon Says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Simon says stamps work it Wednesday 1/3 holiday/Christmas 
Papertake Weekly take your pick I chose the technique theme, glitter it up
Country View the colour blue I have used the colour blue for my backing paper


Now this card also gives a clue as to where I am heading for the weekend...it involves deer and woods and Christmas and who knows there could even be snow..even if it's the pretend stuff. Daisy also has an appointment with the man in the red suit too.........I will be back on next week to share it with you ;0)

Have a wonderful weekend and remember to write those lists.....Christmas is only 4 weeks away today....I can smell that turkey cooking now.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. Such a dingy time of year Jane, but you have managed to find lots of beauty to photograph. Love the swans!! Beautiful card, that image is fabulous!! Just curious about what brand of paper and what kind of printer you use?? I have tried printing images but they never look as crisp as yours do. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if Bear had a lovely long walk and you took some lovely photos. Your card is a beauty. What a lovely image. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics Jane and lovely card too, the vintage image is very pretty!
    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, so exciting for Daisy ( and you Mrs Christmas).
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,
    It is so nice to go for a virtual walk with you.
    Your neck of the woods is beautiful!
    Love your card and the sparkly branches!
    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's good to have a dog who needs a walk.. it gets you out there. I loved your swan in the pond.. do you know what genus it is? Ours are tundra swans here by us. Love your card.. I especially love the ones with vintage images. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos Jane - and what a gorgeous card too. Great to see you in the Playground!

    Whisper, I managed to get a shoe on yesterday and took my car for a little drive, and could walk a good few steps outdoors without a stick - feel so happy. One little step in some ways but feels like such a huge leap forward to me.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your added embellies to your card. Thanks for playing with us at Outside the Box. hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card. I just love that boughs of greenery die you used...perfect on this card. You found a great image and your added dies finishes it off beautifully.
    Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge and good luck in the prize draws.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics and a beautiful card as always Jane.
    Have a wonderful weekend with little Daisy .. you're going to have so much fun! ♥
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mrs. Christmas,
    As always I really enjoyed your pictures. Your Christmas card is beautiful. The older I get the more I love the vintage images.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what lovely pictures, and the card is gorgeous too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo I think you're off to center parcs - have a really lovely time - your card is fab! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning vintage card, such a lovely image.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card, the vintage style is so perfect for a Christmas card, Jane! and I enjoyed your photos of your walk, too! Thanks for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab photo's and a lovely festive make too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Jane, very vintage! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful. Thank you so much for participating in our glitter challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful tree silhouettes in the photos and fabulous greenery (though some of it is whitery!) on the card. Love the vintage image too - altogether delightful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x