Saturday 7 November 2015

My big reveal of my Christmas card for the Cardathon and a tutorial

Thanks for popping back to day. Yesterday I teased you with a sneak peek of the Christmas card I made for the Cardathon over at Scrap Rendezvous. They will be sharing a guest designer sketch and card every day throughout November so if you want some ideas for your festive cards do take a look.  You can find my card by following the link here

This was my little tease.

So first of all this is the sketch I designed,a nice simple one.
and this is the card I made from my sketch
And below is a little tutorial of how I made the master board for my card.

 I decided to make a master board so that I could use a piece for the centre strip of my card and have some spare for a couple of others.


I chose 2 blue and 1 white Paperartsy Fresco acrylic paints. I used a sheet of mixed media card.

Using a circle stencil I made some random circles on the card using a brush allowing time to dry between the colours. I stenciled the dark blue spots first.

I then stamped my Visible Image snowflake stamps randomly over the card using black archival ink




















Then I stamped some smaller snowflakes using the white and the pale blue paints. Be careful to wash your stamps quickly after stamping using paint.









And this was my finished master board
I have cut this up and used various pieces for Christmas cards which I will share with you in the coming weeks.

To complete my card I stamped again on a Kraft card blank using embossing ink. I added embossing glitter which I heat set. I die cut the TimHotlz branch and bird using cardboard packaging and added plenty of glitter for sparkle and a couple of star gems.

Here are some close ups of my card. The sentiment is also by Visible Image.


and my card once more
Thanks to Alex for inviting me as a Guest Designer and I hope I may have inspired you use my simple sketch. You may also want to make your own master boards for some of your Christmas cards. I would love to see what you make.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's Snippets 2/3 Playground #201 I used a snippet of my master board.
Sweet stampin 2/3 dies and/or punches I used a die for my stamped sentiment surround
Flonzcraft Vintage 2/3Traditional Christmas
Papertake Weekly 2/5 anything goes
We love to create anything creative/mixed media #22
Crafty Catz 1/3  winter
Simon Says stamp Monday So Glossy I have used embossing glitter which gives a wonderful sheen to the stamped snowflakes. The stickles on top of the brown distress ink on the bird and branch also give a lovely shine.
Inspiration Journal mission embossoble. I have used wet embossing for my shiny snowflakes.
Creative Inspirations 1/3 sparkle my sparkle is glitter embossing powder on the card blanks and the glitter on the bird and branch.
Country View the colour blue
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything Christmas

Thanks so much for visiting me here and a warm welcome to my newest followers. Today is a very special day as it's my granddaughter Daisy's birthday party....she is 2 next Wednesday...how did that happen! I have been busy cake making and decorating and making lots of zoo themed decorations...here's a sneak peek of some of the models I have made...

I will share the finished cake and some party photos with you very soon. Luckily her chicken pox is no longer contagious...all good timing. The cake is boxed up and we're ready to set off very soon for Southampton. All very exciting.

Enjoy your weekend.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane, love how you did that background! Happy birthday to Daisy, time flies much too fast when they're itty bitty, enjoy every minute! Love the giraffe!

    Hugs :)
    My Little Craft Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jane, such a clever idea to make a board that can be used many times! The little birdie is very sweet.
    Have a wonderful day today with little Daisy, this year she'll really get the whole birthday thing, the cake looks amazing, looking forward to the big reveal!
    Have a fantastic day and wish Daisy a very happy birthday!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jane - I really think your background is so cleverly done, worth all the effort.

    Oh I do hope you have a wonderful party for Daisy - your sneak peek at the cake looks fabulous. I spy a giraffe :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to our wonderful little Daisy Jane! She has brought such joy to your family and my husband and I have both so enjoyed watching her grow! Love the card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! The stamped master board is lovely. And those branches! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I hope your Granddaughter is feeling better and has a wonderful birthday. Two is such a sweet age. Thanks again! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci beaucoup pour le tuto de ta carte du Cardaton, Jane !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You so much dear Jane!
    Happy Birthday to the Sweetest little girl!
    Your animals and vegetation are beautiful.
    I hope you'll share your secrets about decorating the cake...
    are you using fondant? and if so do you make it yourself?

    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    HUgs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci du partage du tuto Jane pour ta magnifique carte. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice wintery looking Christmas card. Happy 2 Birthday to sweet little Daisy! It's amazing how fast the time goes as we watch our grandchildren grow up. We will have another one in May to watch grow as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing in our sparkle challenge at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful card, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Jane.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more November Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you know I'm going to love the brown and blue - love the dotty little snippet, so effective between the frosted trees. What a great design.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, Jane,

    I love all Christmas creations with birds, but this is a special one! Brown and blue go so beautifully together, and added a little sparkles... Love it!

    Happy crafting-days, dear friend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Christmas cards! So BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Inspiration Journal, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Jane - I can't believe I missed this one! Great step by step too! Thankyou! Thanks so much for joining us at CVC this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x