Friday 28 April 2017

A new life

Hello friends, I promised I would return with some more photos of my darling new grandson born a week ago. Our Jack William is just gorgeous and although no bigger than his sister Daisy's dolly he is feeding well and in just 1 week brought so much joy to our family.

Here are a few of my favourite photos of my darling Jack;
His first hold by big sister...just look at the joy and tenderness on her face
We went shopping together to buy his giraffe and some clothes...how grown up my darling Daisy looks here...💖
She gave her pressies to her new baby bro

and when we got home she put her own dolly in her new Moses basket (I made this for her own Mummy when her baby bro was born 28 years ago).
How tiny Jack is in his Moses basket (this is the same basket his Mummy and Uncle slept their early days in ).
My very precious boy

Oh my...how much love our grandchildren bring us.

So of course my card today is the one I made for Jack's birthday...it really was his birthday wasn't it.
Yes I just had to make one of my "special" accordion cards for him, just like I did for Daisy.
I used my favourite Penny Black hedgie rubber stamp for the main focal, which I coloured with Promarkers.
I added glossy accents to the daisies, teddy, bows and butterfly. The tag is Lili of the Valley. The papers are First Edition.
The little clothes line with pegs on your left is from a  Lili of the Valley baby stamp set. I paper pieced it and added Pinflair underneath to make them look as thought they are flapping in the wind (the photo does not do this justice). The snug baby and baby in bath (on your right) are buttons and the die cuts are all Memory Box.

Below is one last shot of the cute Hedgie
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny Black and  More 1/3 spring
Penny Black Saturday 1/3 spring or Easter
I love Promarkers anything goes I have used ProMarkers and FlexMarkers to colour my hedgie.
Sweet Stampin 2/3 I wish I could fly...I imagine that's what this hedgie dreaming of is his hammock, shown by the birds on my pattered paper too.
The ribbon girl 3/3 use any image
As you like it 3/3 favourite colour and why These are my favourite blues and greens, I think this combo works so well for baby boy cards. 
Allsorts I spy something beginning with B my B's are; baby, butterfly, blue, bath, bubbles, buttons, babygro, bundle of love, bows and birds! A full house I think. 
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Simon says stamp  work it Wednesday 2/3 April showers bring May flowers
Deep Ocean spring
Noor UK flowers

I am back on Monday with not one but two DT posts as it is the first of the Month for Country View and another Marvellous Monday for some inspiration for Visible Image. I can also give you a heads up that Visible Image are starting up a monthly themed challenge over on Facebook..pop back on Monday when I will reveal all. 

Have a wonderful bank holiday weekend. We are hoping to catch up with our children again. Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. I love reading every single one of them.

Bye for now,

Jane x

22 comments:

  1. Many congratulations again. They are both gorgeous children! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing more photos of darling baby Jack and his oh so big sister Daisy! How sweet of you to take her shopping to buy something special for her brother. They are both just darling. Gorgeous card, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations on becoming a Granny again Jane, he looks like a little darling. And a beautiful card for him, many thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges and well done on so many 'B's.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jane! And such beautiful photos of Jack and all of you, little Daisy is just so cute with her carrier bag. Looks like she's on a mission there 😊

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Jack is just so gorgeous!! Such a precious time welcoming a new life.
    I love his card Jane...that little bath is just the cutest thing. :)
    Enjoy your family time my dear.....we are all together this long weekend too as S is home for the birthday celebrations!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous card, cute image and some super embellishments.
    Super photo's and huge Congratulations.
    Thank you for entering our 'I Spy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and photos. Congrats on the birth of your new grandson. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jane,

    Still once the biggest congratulations on that sweet little guy, he is adorable beyond words! And Daisy, big sister now, so very lovely how she got gifts for her little bro! This all melts my heart! And your card just captures all the loveliness perfectly! Enjoy these speacial times, all!

    Happy May soon!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a gorgeous little fella!
    love your card too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jane, What beautiful photos of your lovely new grandson and his big sister. What a joy grand children are as I well know with 6 of them. I adore the lovely card too Penny Black have always been my favorite stamps.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I've been waiting for that delightful photo of Daisy with her new baby brother, such a treat to see and yes the grandchildren are so special and wonderful. Love your gorgeous card for Jack's birth-day, such a fabulous design. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous but it does not outshine that wonderful new baby with his big sister Daisy. Fantastic pictures Jane, I enjoyed each and every one of them.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pics of your new grandson - congrats, and a gorgeous card to welcome him - a work of art.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such precious photos Jane, he looks so content, bless him. It's amazing just how soon it feels like they've been with us forever. Our little Harry is just over 11lb now and he was only 4lb 13oz when he was born back in January, they grow so fast don't they. Enjoy every moment Jane with your gorgeous Grandchildren and I wish you and your family much love and happiness, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your accordion card is so beautiful! I love the colours and design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such sweet grandbabies, congrats on the new little one! The card is just beautiful, such wonderful details and an amazing design!
    Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! To all of the happy parents and grandparents. He's a handsome boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous baby! Your card is amazing and full of such detail.
    Glad you joined us at I ❤️ Promarkers.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, baby snuggles are just the best! Congratulations. Gorgeous card and lovely take on our theme. This card is utterly enchanting! It's absolutely beautiful and I thank you for sharing it with us over at Sweet Stampin' for our 'I Wish I Could Fly' theme. It's perfect!! I love your card to bits and I hope you'll come join us again soon with your fabulous creations. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh WOW what a wonderful card for some a special beautiful occasion. Congratulations to the Parents and Grandparents.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Jane...thanks for sharing all the wonderful picks. Such a special card for such a special occasion. Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, congratulations Jane!! Oh he is just so precious, wow, you must be over the moon with joy and pride!! I am so happy for you and your family! Daisy will make a wonderful big sister, what a sweet sweet little boy!!

    Your card is just amazing! I love the accordion style and the wonderfully unique shape! So many fabulous elements, but I think my favourite bit are the 3D bubbles in the bathtub, how amazing is that!! Very fun card my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x