Thursday 13 April 2017

Crafting at Ally Pally

I am back today, as promised, to share some more photos of my day at Alexandra Palace or Ally Pally as it is more affectionately known as. My last visit to the Crafting Show was back in 2013 when I chose a Saturday to visit. Last weekend I chose to visit on the Sunday as I wanted to time this with catching up with my great blogging buddie Brenda of Bumblebees and Butterflies.

I took the tube up to Wood Green and then jumped on the courtesy bus which takes you right to the entrance. It was the most glorious warm sunny day and the views are fabulous as Ally Pally is set up high in a hilly area.





People were enjoying being outside and taking in the air just as their Victorian contemporaries would have done when it opened  as "The people's Palace" 1873. Although rebuilt a couple of times and undergoing restoration at the moment it is a really spectacular building.  The Crafting Show is held in the Great Hall in the Palm Court.



 The rose window inside is a real show stopper.


The big difference for going on the Sunday was the lack of crowds. I really enjoyed having room to mooch around in comfort. It was so good to see Brenda, she kindly sent me this photo of us to share xx



 We also caught up with Brenda's sweet friend Annie from Scotland and I had time to chat to Helen and Mark my "bosses!" from Visible Image. If you missed my Monday post this is a link to it. sharing their colourful stand.
We had a lovely day and enjoyed lunch outside in the sunshine.

I got home about 4pm...in time for Pimm's O'Clock..bliss.

I bought a few goodies and was also given some new stamps by Helen to play with so I decided to do some crafting just for me and enter some current challenges. I used a photo of my darling Daisy from when she stayed over my birthday weekend. She loves our local swings and I loved this photo I took of her...such a sweet happy girl. It was early in the morning, the day after my birthday. We had the swing park all to ourselves with only the birds in the trees to watch us, it was a magical Moment.
I added the verse for April from the Garden Poem by Sara Coleridge to my photo, "April brings the primrose sweet, scatters daisies at our feet"...how appropriate it was.
I am trying to be good and use some of my unused papers so I found this rather tattered 12x12" sheet of paper and trimmed it make a Moment for my journal.



















I used a Daisy stencil and added some texture paste.










 I used PaperArtsy foliage stamps for my border. I also added some distress inks and distress oxide stencilling.












 The bird and tree die cuts are Tim Holtz and I added some script stamping using my Visible image stamp. I sprayed the tree with some spring coloured ink sprays.

















I used my new Laugh louder stamp by Visible Image as I thought it the perfect sentiment.
My die cut daisies, seen below are Memory Box.








Here is my finished Moment...it sums up my birthday and my great crafting day at Ally Pally.
and a close up.


I made my Moment for the following challenges;

The Craft Barn Calendar challenge April
A Vintage Journey The magic of 3s  I have 3 daisy die cuts at my own Daisy's feet
Stamping Sensations 2/3 anything goes
Fashionable Stamping 2/3 favourite things My new sentiment stamp has now become one of my favourites for using in my Moments  (as is Daisy ;0)
Crafty calendar April showers/ spring
Penny Black and More 2/3 spring
Crafty friends animals or birds 
That's crafty 2/3 foliage and/or flowers
Simon Says stamp Wednesday 1/5 spring colour inspiration
Addicted to Stamps and More 1/3  make your mark
Stamplorations Spring hop things with wings

Thanks so my for stopping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me here. I am having lunch at Dotty's with my Mum and Dad today and then we are looking forward to catching up with our darling children over the Easter weekend.
Enjoy your time off.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

29 comments:

  1. what a great post - love your pictures from Ally Pally - when I took mine it was quite misty outside still.. the photo of Daisy is fabulous and so is the project you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to present a photo, looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe what a sweet moment, Daisy is growing so fast such a lovely little girl!! I love that little daisy stencil...so pretty. We have a little one who adores swings too (which is what Granny and Granda are getting her for her birthday).
    Ally Pally is a magnificent building, I'm sure it was hot under all that glass!
    Enjoy your Easter weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane xx thank you for entering our Magic of 3 challenge at AVJ this month . What a fabulous journal page capturing your moment. Daisy is so beautiful and I love your background, dies and the wonderful sentiment from VI

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ally Pally, sunshine, Pimms - perfect day! Love your page too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous scrapbook layout, Jane. Your granddaughter is darling and her smile lights up the page. I love the verse you chose to add to her photo. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful memories Jane, beautiful photo of Daisy and a fitting sentiment!....to alovely page. Glad you had a good time at Ally Pally...a while since I was there...it's such along way from up North!...and costly too!!...but I love that show. have a super Easter with your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place that is! And what a fun event for you! LOVED the photo of Daisy and the card you made from the image.. just adorable. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layout for that beautiful photo of Daisy, she is so cute. It was a fabulous day at ally pally and great we had so much time to mooch about and spend our money. It was lovely to see you again my friend. Have a wonderful Easter weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, I thoroughly enjoyed your post! Ally Pally looks beautiful and what fun you got to meet up with Brenda and Annie! Lovely photo of you and Brenda! And what a sweet photo of Daisy and so beautifully presented on your lovely layout page! I love your trees and bird on branch and the three daisy die cuts to make this Magic of Three. Thank you for joining the Magic of Three challenge at A Vintage Journey with this lovely page! Happy Easter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been so much fun watching Daisy grow up. This layout is fabulous -- and smiling Daisy is definitely the vocal point!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This month's challenge was perfect for you to choose Daisy. The page is lovely and I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Alexandra Palace. I went a couple of years back and would love to go again, maybe September. You picked an excellent day for it, look at that blue sky in the photos. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how quiet it looks to have been at Ally Pally! Love the page you have made with your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely page. I was at Ally Pally on Sat and the visible image stand was very striking with its vibrant samples. It was a glorious weekend and your pics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane,
    I would have loved going to Alexandra Palace with you!
    I can see that your weather has been almost Summer like!
    Great photos and what a lovely tribute to miss Daisy your moment is!!

    Happy Easter my friend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous scrap page and pretty photo. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful layout for that wee cutie! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like it was a lovely day at Ally Pally. I think it was just as well I was in the wrong country - I don't think I'd have any money left at all! Love your uplifting layout - the script stamping on the tree and the bird is a wonderful touch and the natural colour palette really appeals.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really sweet and you created page so well. I love the entire set up and the background. The tree on the picture just sets the picture off really well. It looks like you had a great time at the show

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful moment for sure. Love the way you have put the whole page together. Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really lovely page with a fresh spring feel. I was at Ally Pally on Sunday too and it was great to be able to look around without it being too crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful details on this page, the picture is so cute and love the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Jane… Thanks for sharing your special scrapbook page layout with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your layout is so lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Animals/Birds’ challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous array of photos; the icing on the cake is the marvelous layout you created to showcase the photo of your beautiful granddaughter! What a smile! So glad you shared your creativity in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love your page with all the different elements. I was there Sunday, it's much easier for me in a wheelchair I can actually see stuff to buy!
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great projet!!!
    Thanks for joining Crafty Friend
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jane. Ally Pally is on my Bucket List! It looks so beautiful there, I can't wait to go one day. It's a lovely photo of you and Brenda too x. And you saw the boss's!!! It sounds like a great day out. Your lay-out looks wonderful with the Visible Image stamping - the words are perfect.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  28. April's verse was the perfect opportunity to use the photo of Daisy as the centrepiece. A beautiful page and a moment to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A wonderful layout and it's such a cute photo.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x