Wednesday 26 April 2017

Blossoming well

I do love seeing the wonderful blossom growing at this time of the year. It really is quite spectacular especially when seen with a background of clear blue skies.
 I have taken snaps of some of the local blossom around me...it's like confetti on trees!





My card today takes uses the inspiration of this beautiful confetti blossom and is one of a series of wedding cards I have made recently for Dotty's Teahouse.  They have proved very popular indeed and have been flying out.

I have found that it does not pay me to sell cards where I hand colour intricate stamps. I love my Lili of the Valley rubber stamps and I still do colour some in for special family cards but as they can take me over an hour to colour a single image it is not practical for making these as cards to sell. However I recently noticed that Lili of the Valley are selling lots of their designs in a format called Simply Print. They are coloured digital images which you "Simply print at home".  I decided to buy one of their gorgeous wedding images. They are brilliant.

Here is one of my white on white creations using one. I embossed a white background and added lots of gorgeous white die cuts. I finished off with a hand stamped sentiment and some sequins. This one sold with a day of me taking it into the shop!

I would like to enter my wedding card into the following challenges;

The ribbon girl 3/3 use any image
Artistic Inspirations 3/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 3/3 anything goes
Noor UK  flowers
Card Mania April showers brings May flowers

I hope that you are enjoying the gorgeous blossom too...it's everywhere...just remember to look up when you are outside! It's turned very chilly again for the last few days too so don't be tempted to put any tender plants out just yet.
Thanks for all your kind wishes re our darling little Jack...he's doing well. Here he is this morning as we stayed last night.

He's blossoming too 😍

 I will be back with some more photos very soon...and his card I have made for his Birthday 😊


Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Awe he is adorable Jane....so cute!! Nothing like baby snuggles...it's hard to put them down, isn't it!
    I love your card and the image is lovely...what a good idea too being able to print them off, you do have to consider your time when crafting!
    Hope all is well,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is just adorable! Beautiful card. Love the splash of color on the white. Great embossed background as well. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is gorgeous!! love the blossom too, especially against that beautiful blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Jack is so handsome! I'm just so pleased for you all. You sure did capture some great tree bloom images! And your card is magical and I'm not surprised at all it sold the day you delivered it to the tea shop!! Enjoy your little baby grandson. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blossom...and beautiful baby too! You have some gorgeous pictures here Jane, and a lovely card!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Jane - I've bought a few of those LOTV images and such a great idea as well! A bit like their old Art Pads, but as you can manipulate sizes they're even more fun to use!

    Gosh, Jack has already changed, in just a week or so! Amazing - and what a lovely little chap he is too. Hope Daisy is doing fine having a baby brother to watch over :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blossoms have been magnificent this year with the trees being laden with them, such beautiful sights and glorious colours. Love the gorgeous card with its delicate designs and sweet image, it's a lovely creation and a fantastic photo of you and Jack together. Enjoy those sweet and special moments with him because you know how quickly he will grow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear Jane,

    Your wedding card is beautiful, so elegant and I love the touches of color!
    And how precious is that portrait of the two of you?!!

    Sending you lots of hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all your blossoms! So beautiful, I'm especially fond of the last blossom! xoxoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining to CardManiaChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful elegant creation!...and gorgeous baby!

    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge and sorry for late comment!
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful picture of you and Jack!
    The little shop that sells your card is so lucky to have you - your wedding card is exquisite -LOTV images are always wonderful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just gorgeous Jane! I love the white on white, especially for a wedding card! The pearl paper is stunning, adds a little extra elegance without being too pretentious.

    Your blossoming trees are so gorgeous! wow!! I've just seen the very first bush and one tree with blossoms on it, so I think a couple more weeks and all the rest will be in bloom as well!! Oh my, little Jack?? I will have to backtrack through your posts to find his story. hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful photo of you both.

    Lovely card. We are surrounded by fruit trees here and it's always a pleasure to see them in blossom...it's all drying out now, I fear we're in for a hosepipe ban this year if we don't get some well needed rain soon! But after a nice sunny weekend..ideally.

    Bethxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x