Friday 21 April 2017

Growing

I love growing chillies and over the years I have tried several different ways. I have decided the best way is to buy small plants in March as it gives such a head start on growing them from seeds.
I bought these on line 3 weeks ago and they arrived in the post...

 I use dymo labels when potting them up...
into a vermiculite and multi purpose compost.
 I keep them on my sunny kitchen window sill
 and here they are this week...growing so quickly. The Zimbabwe variety already has lovely purple flowers. I will put them out on my sunny patio mid May.
My card today also uses stamps from a stamp company who are also growing very quickly. Yes the awesome Visible Image. They are on Create and Craft TV again tomorrow at 10am. Mark has some brilliant demos planned so do tune in to see what he is up to and you may even catch a glance at one of my samples.The show is on at 10am (GMT) on Sky 674,Virgin 748 or Freeview 23 or you can watch it via the Create and craft Website here
The curious cats  stamps sold out immediately during the last show in February so they, as well as some other amazing sets, are being taken back tomorrow. Here is another of my Curious Cats I made as a sample for the show.

I made the background with Distress inks and added Glossy Accents to his eyes. The nose has to be pink, just like my own darling Billy's is 😻
The paw prints and the sentiment are all in this set...and a peep inside...
 I think that cat has got paint on his paws 😼


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The ribbon girl 2/3 use any image
Artistic Inspirations 2/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart 2/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 2/3 anything goes
Crafty friends 2/3 animals or birds
Simon says stamp Monday  splash it on I have used the wrinkle free technique or "swooshing"which a lot of peep seem to be calling it, for creating my cat fur!
As you like it 1/3 favourite colour and why I love green, especially for cats eyes.They look very mystical. I have also used green matting card so that his green eyes really shine out from my card.

It's nearly the weekend yet again, enjoy yours. I have quite an eventful day today and also weekend.... I have set my recorder just in case I am not in front of the TV at 10 am on Saturday to see Visible Image on TV!

I'll fill you in very soon. I will be back on Monday.

Bye for now,

Jane x


13 comments:

  1. Hello again Jane… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your Cat card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Animals/Birds’ challenge theme… I've had my eye on this stamp, its so cute... must pop over to VI and take a look whats on offer, aswell as tune in tomorrow to C&C... hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dymo....I wonder where in the world my dymo is, I loved it back in the day...can you still get tape for them? Gorgeous chillies too and of course a wonderful card and another TV appearance as well...how exciting.
    Much love to you all. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pepper plants, they seem to do so well with lots of sun. I had a black pepper when we lived in Louisiana.. and a "Peter Pepper" where the pepper looked like.. well.. a you-know-what. Love your card, too! We're at the beach enjoying the salt air and ocean waves. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your chilli plants last year and I now feel I need to go and buy some plants and try them too. Love your card with that gorgeous cat face and fabulous shiny eyes.
    Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chilli plants really are going great guns!

    Love your cat - beautiful background - congrats on your television samples, showing off the fab Visible Image stamps.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning cat card! How fun that your cards will be on TV. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitty card, and that's from a complete dog person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable thanxx for sharing with us at lil patch of crafty friends
    Sherry @ LPOCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card I love cats Eyes too! pretty and yes mystical,
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those eyes! Such a sweet, interesting card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I ever miss this beauty - wonderful! Fantastic! Can you tell I love this card!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x