Monday 17 April 2017

Create and Craft April 22nd

Hello and I hope you all enjoyed a peaceful Easter day and are enjoying the bank holiday. We certainly did and it was so good to catch up with our family. Time to sit, relax and chat is so important.

Today I am sharing my Monday Design Team inspiration for Visible Image. Mark will be appearing on Create and Craft TV this Saturday 22 April.The show is on at 10am (GMT) on Sky 674,Virgin 748 or Freeview 23 or you can watch it via the Create and craft Website here. I have set up my recorder in case I'm not around at 10am and will look forward to spotting my cards on TV!

My teamies and I have been busy making samples for the show and my card today is one of my samples using the Life can be Tough word stamp together with the tree and leaves from the Create It set. These are 2 of the stamp sets which will be on the next show.
You can however buy them now on their web site here
 
and here
I made a background using Distress Oxides. I am having so much fun with these inks. Every single background is so unique and a perfect background for Visible Image stamps.
I cut this down to make a 5 3/4" by 5 3/4" card background. I stamped and embossed the words and then added the little tree and leaves. I kept my card very CAS as I really think the background and sentiment says it all.


I used this same sentiment a few weeks ago for a sympathy card for a friend of ours and it was very appreciated.  However I also think that it works well for a card just to tell someone that you are thinking of them. I know lots of people that are having a really hard time at the moment but through their strength of character I know they will get through. If you are also one of those people then this card is for you...

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The Artistic stamper 3/3 backgrounds
Frilly and Funkie  1/3 April showers
Stamping Sensations 3/3 anything goes
Fashionable Stamping 3/3 favourite things Visible Image stamps are my favourite stamps and this sentiment takes some beating in my books!
Simon Says stamp Wednesday 2/5 spring colour inspiration
Addicted to Stamps and More 2/3  make your mark
Try it on Tuesday 1/3 use a quote

Thanks so much for visiting me today here and enjoy the week ahead.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

21 comments:

  1. A fantastic creation Jane! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that is lovely Jane and very appropriate for those moments when life throws you a curved ball.
    Enjoy your bank holiday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and an excellent saying too. I'm glad you had flowers and a nice holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work here Jane. I'm loving the Oxide background which makes a perfect backdrop for those lovely stamps. You're right about the sentiment too, it is a good one and just perfect to send to anyone who's going through a tough time. Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love solid silhouette stamps like these, and your background is perfect for these, Jane, thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tulips in your sunshiney garden, Jane. The card is wonderful! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The oxide ink background looks great with the tree and I love the quote! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tulips look so lovely in your garden. I was out to the tulip farm yesterday when there many tulips. I enjoy the festival each spring. Your cards made me think how cute it would be to make tulips and then bunnies peeking over them.or sitting at end of row..just a fun idea that could work. Look up Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm...here in Oregon. It is nice out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous rich background for your lovely card Jane, I know your samples for the show will be wonderful. Glad you had a great weekend and the weather wasn't that bad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new oxides are fun aren't they Jane and just as Tim promised really are different. A great background using them and as you say that sentiment is super. Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knew it Jane, read FSC on your list then totally forgot to thank you for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a lovely Easter weekend Jane. Your tulips look beautiful. Such a special and thoughtful message on your lovely card.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. wooow Jane adorable distress oxide bg you created
    woooww
    I dont own it and still not buy it no budget for it but so in love looking ladies use this new inks
    adorable card and BG Jane
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous...what a stunning card and incredible background! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow sets very well with Autumn which we are in at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am having a really bad year so am really glad that I dropped by as this card has given me the boost I needed. So thank you.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its a beautiful card and quote. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful rich background and a lovely card. Love how the tree is so striking against the lovely background. Thanks for joining in on our April Showers challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful creation Jane. You've made a lovely background with those inks and used lovely stamps. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jane, what a beautiful card with the great background and the stamps(still standing on my wish list). Fantastic!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x