Saturday 1 April 2017

A rusty birthday

Hello, no I'm not that old but my 1st April birthday today coincides with the start of the new challenge over at Country View where our theme for April is "Rust". There is plenty of inspiration over on the challenge blog from my talented Teamies and all the details can be seen here. You might even be lucky enough to win the £20 voucher which is up for grabs to a random winner.

It's been a gorgeous week here with plenty of sunshine and another visit from my son's dog Bear. There have been plenty of walks enjoying the last of the daffs.

I must admit I did struggle a bit for some ideas for our "rust" theme so I looked through my off cuts of "rusty" looking painted and inked card and found these.

I decided that I would make a male and female card using lots of rust colours and textures for selling in Dotty's.
Today I am sharing the female one with some process photos.
I die cut some pattern into one piece using my Tim Holz mixed media thinlets die
 I started making a rusty base for it and added some script stamping to it.
Some Cheery Lynn butterflies were die cut from textured off cuts. I die cut a Tim Holtz "hello" and a few of his wildflowers in white to provide a contrast.  A Designs by Ryn hummingbird stamp was black embossed onto another rusty inky off cut and fussy cut out.
Then it was time to put all my elements together.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Ryn customer creations challenge April
A Vintage Journey all aboard
Crafty friends B is for mine is for bird and butterflies
Simon says stamp Monday things with wings
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
The butterfly challenge R is for repeat/and or the night sky I have repeated my butterflies.

I hope to see lots of your lovely entries over at Country View. This is the link for your "rusty" entries!
Thanks for stopping by today. I am just waiting for my birthday breakfast in bed and then I shall be opening my lovely cards and pressies which have arrived. All the family are arriving later for my celebrations...cheers!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

29 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful jane ....i love what you have done. Wishing you a wonderful birthday. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous rusty card! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of wonderful shades of rust and a fabulous layered design. I'm sure this will disappear very quickly at Dotties.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND - have wonderful celebrations over the weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Love all the die-cut details and the rut is looking good... Happy Birthday Jane, enjoy your day and your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have managed to make rust look really beautiful Jane, and I LOVE that hummingbird stamp. This will be a real winner at Dotties. Have a very Happy Birthday, I hope you're going somewhere nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, dear Jane,

    Have a wonderful day! And that card of yours card is so pretty, love the little hummingbird!

    Enjoy the sunshine&cake&pressies - happy April!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jane and congrats on such a beautiful make. Rocking the rust! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Jane.... fabulous cardxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday dear Jane and wishing you a wonderful year ahead! You made a great card to fit the rusty theme...love the little bird. Have a fun day and happy April!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you definitely rose to the rusty challenge, I love the script stamp background and the little bird!
    Wishing you the happiest birthday with your lovely family!! Have fun!
    V xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Jane!!! Wonderful rusty card!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you, dear Jane!! I hope it is a lovely weekend with all of your favorite people and things!!

    And the rusty card looks very good with the hummingbird.
    Cheers,
    Anne and all xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all: Happy birthday dear Jane!! I hope, you had a wonderful day <3
    Your card is amazing! Love everything on it.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know where you were going with this one until I got to the last photo and my what a stunner you have produced. Rust you have nailed!! Thankyoy for fluttering by my challenge again . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello again Jane... it’s so lovely to see you have shared another one of your gorgeous cards with us. Thank you for entering your card into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Enjoyed reading your post, good tutorial. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  16. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Jane!! It's our anniversary today so we're both celebrating. Your card is wonderful. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Jane... you are so clever, this is a fabulous make with your 'rust' theme. Hope you have had an absolutely fabulous birthday with loads of pressies and love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you are having a terrific celebration my Friend!
    Love your rusty take! You had me giggle at your title ;-)
    Lots of hugs & kisses~

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all Happy Happy Birthday - well, belated by now! I hope it was fabulous and that you are still celebrating tomorrow! It's always a pleasure to come visit and catch up with you. Your photographs of all things outdoor, floral, and furry granddog related are a pleasure to view! As are your creations! This is a gorgeous rusty hummer card!!! I love them, as you may know. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Assuredly you're not "rusty" at making beautiful cards! I hope your birthday was a lovely one with breakfast in bed and family gathering around to celebrate! I raise my hot cup of Typhoo tea in honor of your birthday! {Yum, that's so good!} :'} xx
    http://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jane, your rusty card is fabulous! I love those rusty butterflies and how you've layered one under your sentimental die cut to give this even more dimension! I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday! And thank you for sharing this with us for A Vintage Journey's Birthday Celebrations All Aboard challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, I love the background with the dies and the text behind it with the spatters. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday. The layers and details of interest on your card are lovely.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Jane! Happy belated birthday :D It's hard to see that you found the rust theme challenging. Your card totally fits that challenge! I love how you combined bits from your off cuts to make something so beautiful. Thanks again for or showing me. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is great! I love the browns in all of their shades! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, what a lovely photo of Bear enjoying the beautiful weather! It's still very muddy and a bit chilly here. Lots of rain, hail and other bizarre weather. The ice has melted on the lake though, so that's a step in the right direction! lol. What a wonderful card, you really did a fantastic job for the rust theme! Your layered background is amazing and I just adore your hummingbird! Fantastic Jane! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great rusty card Jane! love the die cut outs, and all the motion with bird and butterflies! Thanks for joining us in the AVJ Birthday challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab rusty card xx Congrats with the arrival of Jack - ENJOY xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x