Monday 10 June 2019

A mermaid's tail

Good Monday morning, it's not a typo in my title but very apt if you read on. It is a very exciting one for me as I can reveal my very first sample made with new release Visible Image stamps. There are 9 amazing new sets including sentiments, something for everyone.
As regular readers of my blog will know I love mermaids and so does my sweet 5 year old granddaughter Daisy. She and are often say that we would like to be mermaids.
I love the seaside and there is nothing quite like gazing out to sea. This is a photo from one of our Rhodes trips...
I often sit on a rock on the beach and just lose myself in thought...and yes I would love to see a mermaid! No luck so far but I will keep you posted on that one!
In the awesome 9 new stamp sets being released is none other than a mermaid set called Mythical Mermaid and I knew that my first sample to make just had to be with her.
Mythical mermaid
I decided that I wanted to make up an underwater story to go with the fab sentiment.
I got out my alcohol inks, as these make perfect underwater backgrounds. I used glossy card stock, dripped on the inks and then added more with a felt.

Once dry I die cut a scalloped circle out of one.
I stamped and coloured Miss Mermaid with Zig watercolour markers and cut her out
While I was making some prototype practice mermaids I accidentally cut one of the prongs of the trident off so I removed it... and just look how cute she is stoking one of the dolphins. I will use this idea for a future project. There is nothing like a happy accident is there.
Anyway back to A mermaid's tail. 
 I stamped just her tail onto acetate coloured with alcohol inks, you will see why later on.

I stamped and coloured the gorgeous dolphin and shells and cut some out.
and also die cut some seaweed and a ships wheel and coloured them with inks.
Then it was time to put my Mermaid's Tail (Tale) together..(just indulge me 😉) I used foam pads between the 2 backgrounds so this card has lots of depth to it in real life.
So are you sitting comfortably?
Once upon a time there was a very beautiful a mermaid who lived in her shell lined cave at the bottom of the sea. There was always treasures nearby to furnish it with.  Her most recent find was the wheel from a ship wreck. (Don't worry she rescued the Captain...but that's another story). She often swam up to the surface of the sea and looked out toward the shore in the distance. Sometimes she sat on a rock and gazed out... life looked so different there.

She had a sweet pod of dolphins who loved to visit her and swim with her.
One day she decided that it was time to go ashore for ever, to see if she could find her rescued Captain.
With one flick of her stunning tail she was almost away..
However she felt the urgent nuzzle of one of her dolphin friends against her tail and a tap with his claw from one of the crabs. She stopped swimming and turned around.
She looked down and saw that her dolphin buddy was presenting her a with a gorgeous gold coloured starfish, balanced on the tip of his nose. He told her that she was the Queen of the Ocean and that all the underwater creatures needed her. He made her feel so special.
At that moment she realised that there was probably far more joy and beauty in her underwater world than she would find on dry land, even though her heart longed for it. Her underwater friends needed and looked up to her.
 Everyone, including the crabs (who tapped their claws together in unison) were so delighted that she had not deserted them. The pod of dolphins did a little dance among the shells and the crabs laughed at their antics.
And that the secrets of the ocean were safe...for always.

Here is one last shot
Thanks for indulging my little daydream.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Stamping sensations 3/3 show us your true colours
The Artistic stamper 1/3 by the seaside
Craft Stamper take it make it June anything goes
Happy little stampers anything goes with dies
Allsorts 1/3 fantasy world
Pixie's snippets playground #354
Creative artiste 1/3 anything goes
As you like it 1/3 favourite stamp brand and why? Of course for me it is Visible Image as they are just so very different to everything else...and the sentiments are just perfect too!
Cute card Thursday 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

All the new release is available to pre order NOW here ahead of their 22 June release date.
And don't miss out as there is an offer of FREE WORLDWIDE postage until the release date. Just put the quote; NEWSTAMPS in at checkout.

I am busy making some more samples with these gorgeous new stamp sets...it may be a fairy story next week 😂 No don't worry you will be safe, one fairy-tale is enough!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

19 comments:

  1. That may be one of my most favorite of your cards, Jane. I adore the sea and it's creatures.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jane.... and what a story ! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe what a lovely little story and indeed your gorgeous card looks like a page from a story book!!
    I can just imagine a mermaid sitting on that rock in your first pic!! :)
    Happy new week my friend, fingers crossed for some summer for us all!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and magical underwater scene you created with the wonderful stamps and inks! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge where our theme is "Fantasy World"!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one one my favourites of the new VI release and this card is absolutely spectacular Jane. So many beautiful layers and so much to see. We asked to see your true colours and you've showed them to us in abundance. Thank you for joining us in our 'Show Your True Colours' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops I think blogger just ate my comment. Hope it gave him indegestion! Was going to say what a super card this is and lovely colours. Who doesn’t secretly believe in mermaids.! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and what a story Jane! You really surpassed yourself with both. Made me feel so happy - and as you say - who hasn't dreamed of being a mermaid. LOVE this post and your card - and the tale.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card and associated story...thanks for sharing your journey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really lovely card, great image and design, great choice of colours too. Thank you for joining our 'Fantasy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely all the detail is fantastic and I love the quote
    Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and love the story! I always wanted mermaids to be real. I love the 3D look with the backgrounds at different levels just like a scene from a George Melies film.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty and magical creation Jane, you can really lose yourself in the scene, many thanks for joining in with our 'Fantasy' theme at Allsorts challenge and 'True Colours' theme at Stamping Sensations.

    When I sit on the balcony on our next cruise I'll remember to keep an eye open for the mermaids and let you know if I see one! Mind you, we've not even seen a dolphin the last couple of times.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful mermaid scene with so many wonderful details. A lovey card Jane and beautiful photo to start of your story. I love being beside the sea but not so much on it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours and a gorgeous scene you've created, perfect for our challenge at Allsorts. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow beautiful work Jane!! So colourful and eye catching. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, amazing card, Jane. Gorgeous scene and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Details is crazy cool for this! Wowsa!! The mermaid is gorgeous!
    https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/fly-meto-moon-for-3muses.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work Jane! I love your artwork and the story. Visible Image Stamps are truly amazing! Thank you for entering our Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge. Good luck with you entry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your underwater scene, great story too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x