Monday 17 June 2019

A touch of faerie magic

Good morning, Monday has swung round again and I am here with my weekly design team inspiration for Visible Image. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments you left on my mermaid post last week and I am glad you enjoyed my little mermaid tail/tale too! If you missed that post you can see if here. 

Gosh what a wet week it was, let's hope that we see some more sunshine this week. I am loving being outside crafting in my studio and I must admit that listening to the pitter patter of rain on the roof is rather relaxing. 
My foxgloves have been beautiful this year and the bees have loved them too. Just look at this busy boy.


The original name of Foxglove is thought to have been Folksglove referring to fairy folk. And did you know that in Scandinavia there is a legend that fairies taught foxes to ring them to warn of  the approach of humans? This links in perfectly with my first make with the gorgeous brand new
Faerie magic stamp set.
I love this new fairy, she is so different to any other fairy in the stamping world. 
Inspired by the colours of my foxgloves in the garden this is what I got up to;
I blended mermaid lagoon, salty ocean and picked raspberry distress oxides onto card, added water and allowed it to run. When dry I turned it around so that it looked like a magical mist.
I fixed it into my Misti stamp press and stamped the main fairy image first. I then stamped another image roughly onto copy paper, cut around the arms and placed this on top as a mask so that I could stamp the wings.
I gold embossed the wings and then added some white pen and a some colour. I also added some sparkle with my glitter pens. I stamped the sentiment and her "spell" circle
I added some extra sparkle to the wings and bubbles using Wink of stella
and to finish off I added Glossy Accents (my most used embellishment) to the bubbles.
Here she is
a close up;
and one last shot.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it 2/3 June
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes
Sparkles 1/3 no patterned paper
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

All the new release is available to pre order NOW here ahead of their 22 June release date.
And don't miss out as there is an offer of FREE WORLDWIDE postage until the release date. Just put the quote; NEWSTAMPS at checkout.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. My foxgloves have been brilliant this year too, they must like wet springs, although I have feared for them in the wind!! I love the story of the foxes and foxgloves. :)
    That is one very cool fairy .... love her.
    Happy Monday Jane .. the sun is out here this morning, it might even reach 17C here today ... tropical by this years standards!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and love that 2nd pic where you see the bee’s wings! I love fairies and this card is so beautiful with the magical colours inspired by the sky and the foxglove. Did you stamp her right on the page because it looks like you pasted her on but your fussy cutting is amazing. Just curious. Love the glitter and her pointed finger reminds me of Da Vinci’s paintings and sketches where many angels and women always seem to point somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and journal page! My hubby planted some pretty flowers this year. I am so thankful he has a green thumb! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Jane and thanks have taken advantage of the free shipping which is unbelievable as NO ONE offers that unless it's over a certain amount...big hugs and thanks... great card\x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is a gorgeous card. Great image and I love how you colored it.Those wings really pop. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great bee shots in your Foxglove!! I love the card too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card; love the colorful background. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing. Great colours, fab background and I love the fairy. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x