Thursday 13 June 2019

More bugs for June

Good morning I am back with my second dose of inspiration for the June challenge over at Country View. I am delighted to be the host for this month. I chose the theme, "A bugs life" and I am looking for crafting projects which feature butterflies, bees, dragonflies, beetles, ladybirds, ants and any bug you can think of.   All the details can be found here.
I am loving being out in the garden crafting, sharing space with the mother nature. There have been lots of bees around this year and I watched this lovely one busy collecting nectar on my dahlia which has it's first flower open.

I don't have any bee stamps or dies so I have gone with dragonflies again for my card. This time i have included my Tim Holtz bigz die cut dragonfly. I used aluminium strip on card and the added alcohol inks, allowing the layers to dry. 
Here is the first layer drying
I used alcohol inks on glossy card stock to make a really sunny background
and die cut and an oval aperture.
 I then stamped the medium and small dragonfly from my Visible Image live in the moment set
I also die cut some wildflowers using my Tim Holtz thinlits and then layered up my aperture with some foam tape. Here is my finished card
with a close up 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Happy little stampers anything goes with dies
Creative artiste 2/3 anything goes
 Creative moments 1/3anything goes
Everybody art 1/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes
The house that stamps built 1/3 things with wings
Simon says stamps work it out 1/3 summer vibes

You can enter our June "It's a bugs life" challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the challenge can be found here. Even if I don't get time comment I will be around to see every single entry.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Jane, this is amThanks for joining us for our 'Things with Wings' challenge at The House that Stamps Built.azing! LOVE that you used AI's on your dragonfly - pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got the colours of the dragonfly spot on Jane!!
    I would think all the bugs are frozen with this dreadful weather ... poor things!!
    Have a great weekend ahead my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great summer card with the brilliant colours. Love the dragonfly! Your pictures are beautiful along with the flower-so delicate looking. You can see the bee so well...you must have an excellent camera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible pictures of the bee! Gorgeous hot colours on your card, Jane, brings a warm note to a disappointing June weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bee and flower pics.. is that a Dahlia? Love the Dragonfly card, it's lovely.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-) (PS - the Arabic comment is a commercial)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your metal dragonfly embellishment; it looks fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. This looks like a real dtagonfly! Excellent colors
    https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/fly-meto-moon-for-3muses.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what an amazing creation....I love that dragonfly! Thanks so much for playing along in the "Things With Wings" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your dragonfly-the alcohol inks are a perfect finish for it! Great project, and thanks so much for joining in at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Jane! Your card is amazing! Love that super dragonfly! Great colour and design. Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with Dies this Month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Jane, love how you've put the card together. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x