Monday 3 June 2019

Butterfly artist trading coins

Wow what a glorious weekend it was! It reached 28c on Saturday and Sunday, although a little more cloudy, was nearly as hot. I went up to the nursery to buy my summer bedding plants and came home with a trolley load of gorgeous colour plus 2 tomato plants.

 I planted them up and will share a post soon,

It is also time for my Monday Visible Design team inspiration and today I am sharing something that has become a huge pleasure to me over the last few months..making artist trading coins. I am a member of a Facebook group where we swap our makes. It is such fun seeing other people's art and sharing mine. A lot of crafters find the idea of making these rather intimidating so I hope to show in this post that they are quick and fun to make. For those who are not aware of them artist trading coins are the coin version of artist trading cards (ATCs). Cards are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and coins are 2 1/2 " in diameter. They are made to be swapped never sold and can be made in limited editions. I tend to make 3 in my editions. 
For my coins today I used the gorgeous
Wings of change  stamp set
I used some acrylic inks to make a background and die cut several 2 1/2" circles. I used 3 of them.
I stamped on the word "transform"first.
I  added glossy accents to some medium butterflies I had stamped onto some left over Brushos inky mop up card.
Once they were dry I cut them out.

 I also stamped 2 tiny butterflies directly onto each coin and filled some of the circles on the sentiment with Glossy Accents.

I then stuck on my medium sized butterflies and added a little wilted violet distress ink to finish them off.
Here they are;
coin 1/3
 Coin 2/3
and coin 3/3
Here they are together
and 1 last photo

I would like to enter my coins into the following challenges;

Crafty sentiments 3/3 summer
Crafting from the heart 3/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes 
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes
Penny Black and More 1/3 blooms, butterflies and/or bugs
Stamping sensations 1/3 show your true colours
Happy little stampers watercolour anything goes
Love to craft 1/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

A quick heads up too today. There is a new June release on 23 June available to pre-order from 8th June. The wonderful Faerie Magic set has already been shown and there are more to come!

Do check them out on the website/Facebook or Instagram.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I really hope you might feel confident in making and swapping your own artist trading coins.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Stunning as always Jane, love the designs you do and the amazing results you achieve...following you.xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flutterby coins Jane, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More June challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea the artist coins are! Love your butterflies. :)
    Happy new week my friend, very breezy here today, I'm worried for my foxgloves!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Artist Trading Coins Jane. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of the artist trading cards but that is cool and i love your works. I love those paints that seem to give a glittery effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to you pretty new flowers potted and in your garden. Love the badges!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stamps. You have made beautiful coins with it. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely design and images, great choice of colours too. Thank you for joining our Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these the glossy accents is brilliant. Thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! Love how you created them to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. ATC's are fun to make - I have not made a coin yet. YOu did a beautiful job in the colors and compposition
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x