Thursday 10 October 2019

The white squirrel

As you know I regularly go up to feed my Dino ducks (Egyptian geese) and they greet me like an old friend.
How adorable they are
While I was feeding them on Monday I heard a scurrying in the undergrowth and to my amazement spotted the elusive white squirrel. I have often been told about him but rather thought he was the stuff of fiction.  Not so, as this video I managed to take shows.

He didn't seem too frightened of me and after he had finished foraging off he went up the nearby tree 
like a tiny ghost. 
How honoured I felt to have met him.

So I was inspired to make another of my Halloween tags...featuring a friendly little ghost.

BOO!

The stamped skull and hands are both Visible Image stamps; the hands from "You are not alone" and the skull from Mr Bone Jangles  The dies are various; Memory box, Sizzix and the Works.The background is distress oxides and some glitter paste through a Tim Holtz stencil for texture.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Creative Inspirations 3/3 masculine or fall/autumn
A vintage journey Inky wings
Craft Stamper take it make it 2/3 anything goes
Fab n funky 1/3 halloween
Funky Junkie boutique blog Halloween
Happy little stampers anything goes with dies
Crafty sentiments 1/3 Halloween
Simon says Monday autumn/fall
The house that stamps built 1/3 tic tac toe I have gone with the right hand vertical; wildlife, texture, stencil

 Thanks so much for stopping by and look out for white squirrels....and perhaps even a ghost or 2???
👻😉👀

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. The expression on that ghost's face matched mine when I saw that white squirrel. Wow. Love your Halloween tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is full of inky goodness, and you've included so many details! Thanks for linking up to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The albino squirrel looks so cute as he scampers about. I love the ducks and geese that know you are bring tidings of good food for them to eat:). I love your tag with the grunge background and the religious imagery combined with the skull-very inventive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane x Your photographs are fabulous especially the white squirrel. Like you I would have thought it to be fictitious x
    Great to have you join in with us this month for our Inky Wings challenge and I love your Halloween tag, which has so many details x

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Jane he is wonderful and he really does look like a little ghost on the tree!!! I'm afraid the only squirrels in our local park are grey ... but they are lovely too! I love your geese friends as well. :)
    Great tag!!
    Have a lovely evening my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag!! Love the background colors and the super cool die cut web! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... you got some great photos and video of the beautiful white squirrel! I actually saw one when I was visiting my daughter in Ohio.. it was in her neighborhood and I got a photo.. but not as good as the ones you got! Love the Halloween tag! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing to see a white squirrel, thanks for sharing! Beautiful tag! The little white ghost is super cute too and the texture with the glitter paste looks stunning 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome white squirrel.. My brother has a white deer that hangs out at his house all year.. I love your fun tag. Great images and design. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    Billie A
    Crafty Sentiments
    Catch The Bug
    Creative With Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Always Fun Challenges
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Creations In Pink
    Crafty Catz
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a wonderful Halloween tag, Jane! I love your background and it is so spookily accented with the webs, skull, and ghostie! It looks like someone is trying to say "look, there's a ghost!", but is so frightened they can only point. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us at The Funky Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog!

    I'm amazed by your white squirrel find! What a treat that must have been! We can always find the extraordinary in nature when we take time to look! Thank you for sharing this wonderful little guy with us! How fortunate you were able to get the video/photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting to see the albino squirrel. I love the tag that it inspired you to make. You used so many fun dies and techniques. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazed by that white squirrel! I've never seen one before. LOVE your tag too - I love the different textures and layers - it feels like a Halloween patchwork quilt. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tag is spooky cool! Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful tag Jane! Love all the images you used and the great mix of colors and textures on your background! Thanks for joining us at AVJ Wings Challenge! we have a white squirrel in the neighborhood of my church which we spot once in a while - it's always such a surprise to see it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - an albino squirrel - well caught on camera! Fabulous spooky tag - I love the white accents in amongst the swirling shadows.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x