Sunday 1 March 2020

The eyes have it in March

Good morning and welcome to March and the promise of spring.  No my post title is not a pun on the "Ides of March". I am the hostess for our new challenge over at Country View and I have chosen the theme, "The eyes have it". I would like to see creations featuring an eye or eyes either as the main focus of a project or part of a person/face which again is prominent. Please, no tiny birds in a tree where we can just about find a glimpse of 1 eye using a microscope! They can also be eyes from animals/ characters or fantasy creatures as long as it is the focus of your entry.  One lucky randomly selected entry will receive a £20 gift code to spent on the website. 
All the details can be found here.

I love eyes, I even have this one sitting on my craft desk
 and I love eye stamps. The proverb  that eyes "are the windows to the soul" is a very ancient one and I fully agree with it.
There are lots of fun eye stamps around but my favourites are made by Visible Image. Susan stocks them all on the CVC website and the original "Where dreams take you" is one of my all time favourites. I have made lots of cards and projects using this set and sell lots of cards at Dotty's Teahouse using this image.
However for my 1st design team inspiration for my challenge I have used a brand new Visible Image set called 2020 vision which Susan now has in stock here. The new release are now in stock and remember she offers FREE UK postage on everything with no minimum spend.

  It is a bigger version (this one is A5 size) of the fabulous "See everything set" (Out of stock but if you add your email address Susan can order it in).  It stamps beautifully first time and is such a show stopper. 
This is what I got up to. I stamped the whole stamp onto my card and then roughly stamped just the eye and cut out a mask.
I held it in place over the stamped eye, sprinkled on some Brushos and then spritzed with water.
When I was happy with the background I removed the mask....
I stamped the sentiments onto card and matted them up on black card with a little red ink around the edges of the white card. 
I also added glossy accents to IM
I coloured the pupil with glitter pens and again added glossy accents. 
Here is my finished card.
with a close up;
and one last shot
I (or should I say "eye") πŸ˜‰ would like to link up my card to the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
The house that stamps built 1/3 anything goes
Through the craft room room door 1/3 anything goes

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! Once again all the details for the February challenge can be found here

I am back on Tuesday with my 2nd "eye" project and this time my cat Billy may well have had a small part in my inspiration πŸ˜»πŸ˜ΈπŸ’™

Thanks for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Wow Jane, the colours are wonderful and seem to radiate from the eye, very powerful! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jane, I love your use of the glitter pens and the glossy accents, it's all in the detail isn't it! Have a very happy and creative March, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp set and what you did with it is just amazing!!! Beautiful background colours and the eye is beautifully coloured too!!! Your card is eye-catching!!! Have a happy March!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome - and what a great tamp set of "eyes". You have done an excellent job with the brushos and other coloring. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme Jane - and I love your make - totally awesome!!!! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, brilliant use of the eye stamp!
    Looking forward to seeing what Billy has inspired you do. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Jane, such a stunning design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning mixed media card! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is really fabulous! Love the bright colors and love how you masked the eye to leave uncolored. It is really piercing! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Smokes! This rocks! Thanks for joining us over at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This stamp is really fabulous and you created a real eye-catcher (*lol*) with it, dear Jane! I love the brusho background and the use of the glossy accent. Gorgeous card!
    Have a wonderful March!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the brushos and the eye is awesome !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning creation Jane, the eye is such an important part of my creativity being one of the very first things I can remember drawing with detail as a child. Amazing colours bold and bright a delight to my eyes.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x