Tuesday 3 March 2020

Cats eyes

Good morning it is time for my 2nd DT post for Country View Crafts for the current March challenge I am hosting which I called "The eyes have it". I would like to see creations featuring an eye or eyes either as the main focus of a project or part of a person/face which again is prominent. Please, no tiny birds in a tree where we can just about find a glimpse of 1 eye using a microscope! They can also be eyes from animals/ characters or fantasy creatures as long as it is the focus of your entry.  One lucky randomly selected entry will receive a £20 gift code to spent on the website. 
All the details can be found here

If you missed my first eye project on Sunday you can find it here

For today's project I enlisted the help of my sweet cat Billy. He's just come downstairs to say hello and will take over from me here.
 Hi all
I'm Billy and usually I only write Jane's blog posts when the trees come into the house and I get mu annual visit from Santa and Rudolf ....but rather than trees in the house this time there is .............a Bear in the house.....
Yes her son's dog is staying..he made these eyes at me but I'm staying upstairs where I'm safe.
Bear has also made himself at home in my newly landscaped garden too..Jane says she will share some photos soon.
Jane thought I could help her making a card for Bear's 8th birthday on Friday (28th Feb) I knew just which stamp set to suggest....tee hee! Who says cats are not clever 😼
This is one of the fab Visible Image stamp sets called Curious Cats which Susan has on the website here (does that mean she sells spiders too??)
I think it looks a little like me doesn't it?
Jane is always crafting and there are often pieces of card lying around which she calls inky mop ups.
I put my foot on this one as I liked the bright colours.
She also used one of the new Visible Image sentiment sets, this one is the Happy Birthday one (you can buy it here.) I had a look around and found there are lots of lovely new occasions verses and they are just £5.99 too! NO sign of spiders though.
I watched Jane put this together, here's what she got up to; she stamped the face and sentiment
She also got out the new scribble stencil I chose it as I thought it looked like a ball of wool, that's the cat in me!
She blended oxide inks to add a little colour and texture, just like me!
Next came the eye colour...I handed her the green pen...
 and a pink nose, using me as the model of course.
Here is her finished card...
with some close ups

and one final shot.
Jane usually enters something called challenges but she has been too rushed off her feet so she just wants me to purr at this point...never a problem!

I am hoping normal service will be restored in the house soon when Bear goes home. Thanks for stopping by and when Jane says "The eyes have it" it has to be Cat not Dog eyes every time...don't you agree?

Back again in December....unless Jane goes mad again and does a Christmas in the summer post again...

Bye for now,

Billy and Jane (and I suppose Bear too) xxx

10 comments:

  1. Awe Billy how lovely to hear from you ... you know a cat just isn't for Christmas! ;)
    What a gorgeous card but then how could it not be with such wonderful inspiration!!!
    Hopefully you'll be restored to your rightful position of top cat soon! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Billy, you're quite the handsome lad! Great card and lovely pics of Bear too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jane, and I always love to see a blog post from Billy. Bear is looking as adorable as always, how could Billy resist those eyes lol. Have a great week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out Jane, Billy looks more than capable to replace you on the blog... Great fun post! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card and how nice for Bear to get a card from Billy! Have a super week.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billy. You have been a wonderful model for Jane. Your choice of the card with bright colours is a fantastic choice! It looks great.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, it is such a darling card - those eyes! It's so nice to see your furry friends! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and perfect for Bear lol You are very handsome Billy and our cats stay upstairs when my sons dog visits mind you she doesn't stay!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of Billy and Bear, and a pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x