Wednesday 11 March 2020

1 week until the Creative Craft show Birmingham

EDIT 12th March: sadly the decision has been made to cancel all events at the NEC due to the Coronavirus situation.  At this moment in time everyone needs to stay safe. It is very disappointing but sensible...there will always be another time!

This time next week I will be back on my crafting travels. I am demonstrating Visible Image stamps and stencils for Stamper's Grove again at the Creative Craft show at the NEC Birmingham. I will be using lots of the fab products James sells, including PaperArtsy Infusions, Brushos, Distress Oxides and alcohol inks. The show runs from 19th-22nd March and I will be there for the first 2 days, Thursday 19 and Friday 20th. 
For this show I have gone with a spring theme as not only will I be welcoming in the first day of spring on the Friday but it is also my darling daughter's birthday. We will all be celebrating with her on the Saturday. 

As always I have been inspired by Mother Nature for my projects and also my garden where there are now lots of signs that spring is just around the corner. My tiny alpine narcissi are in flower,
 The viola that I planted up last autumn have not let me down all winter and are still blooming their heads off. 
 and the pots of bulbs Daisy and I planted up last year are just about to pop. 
My new lawn is looking lush and enjoyed having sweet Bear to stay. He has now gone home to his Daddy and Billy is back downstairs.
So here is one of my samples I have made for the show. I have created a Spring Sprite with her leafy hair and green lips (of course). 
with a couple of close ups. The background was created with distress oxides, the leaves with Brushos and there are lots of glossy accent dew drops on the leaves as well as adding some shine to her lips and eyes. 


All the stamps are of course by Visible Image and James will have them all for sale at the show. 
I would like to enter my spring sprite into the following challenges;

Love to craft 1/3 anything goes
Dragonfly dreams 1/3 make it feminine
Craft stamper take it make it 1/3 anything goes
Pixies snippets playground #373 I have used lots of snippets to make my spring leaves
Sweet stampers 1/3 Easter or spring
Simon says stamp Monday a bit o green
Creative artiste 1/3 anything mixed media

If you plan to come to the show next week please stop by Stand A10 and say hi, it would be so lovely to meet you. 

Back soon, 

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Another fun post! Good luck in Brum (my home town). If I get to the show, I'll come and say hello, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little alpine narcissi are beautiful Jane!
    Love all the spring colours in your card today .... the eyes are fabulous!!
    Happy mid week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have popped over via Teresa's blog. My friend was going to the NEC, we both live not far from there. She is sad, though understands , that it is cancelled. Her daughter had bough her a ticket for a workshop - a present for Mother's Day.
    Love your 'Spring Sprite' x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fresh and happy card and a beautiful tribute to Mother Nature too. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jane! A real splash of Spring and very cheering as well. I doubt if things will ever be quite the same after this period is in the past - a lot of lessons will have been be learnt for one. With luck the NEC event will pop up in the Autumn as usual, fingers crossed for you.

    So sorry I've taken ages to comment.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and I love the bright colours you used. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month.
    Hugs, Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright card. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams feminine challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing and wonderful
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x