Thursday 20 May 2021

The reopening of Dotty's Teahouse

I am super excited to be finally able to tell you that after nearly 5 long Lockdown months Dotty's Teahouse reopened on Monday. Many of my long term blog readers will remember when Dotty's first opened 5 years ago. I had taken a walk down our High Street in Carshalton, Surrey, the week I retired as an NHS physiotherapist. I noticed a little sign that a new vintage tea rooms was opening and they were looking for some unique products to sell. I contacted Rebecca, the owner, to tell her about my cards. We met, she loved my hand made cards and the rest is history! From day one I have sold my one of a kind handmade cards exclusively in her wonderful Tearooms and been warmly embraced as part of the Dotty family. I  have so enjoyed witnessing her success over the years including seeing her open up her delightful Tea Garden 2 years ago in Coulsdon. 

Covid 19 hit Dotty's hard and like most businesses she had to close during both Lockdowns. However Rebecca is one of the most resourceful women I have met and she started up a Dotty Delivery service. Dotty delights are delivered in a real London taxi to local areas and this service has been a huge hit. My daughter treated my Hb and I to a delivered afternoon tea last year and it was superb.

During Lockdown Dotty's Teahouse has undergone a total interior transformation. I had a sneak peek of the newly refurbished inside a few weeks back and shared some photos on Instagram. I sneaked in early this morning just as she was opening up and took lots of photos, too many to share on IG, so I decided to show them here in Jane's Journal. It will also be lovely to have a record to look back on.

 Dotty's has undergone a complete refurbishment and my oh my, how elegant she looks. There is new heating, lighting, seating, counter......the list goes on and on. In late June she will also open a delightful new upstairs seating area too. All these things are best explained with photos so here we go.....

This was my delightful view when I turned up first thing this morning. The door was open, the covers were off the windows and the outdoor seats were in place. 


I love the board outside, how true this is. 

The girls were busy at the brand new counter setting out the Dotty delights for the day.
The new chairs and tables are gorgeous. Very chic. Lots of tables had been reserved.
My shelves were stacked and ready with my latest cards for sale. 

This little cutie I have named Tracy Teacup sneaked onto my shelves today. She has an inky backgroumd and I have stamped her dress out a second time and paper pieced it. The sentiments I have stamped are perfect to team her with. As you can imagine tea themed cards are very popular at Dotty's and I constantly add new ones. 
Here is a close up of some of my cards for sale. I have new baby, new home, birthday, motivational cards and every occasion in between available. Each is one of a kind. 


I will also have a new range of "family" sentiment cards on my shelves soon. Here is a sneak peek of one of them.
On the counter today at Dotty's were a delicious cheese cake 
as well as a delicious variety Dotty delights created by the talented new Executive Pastry Chef Sarah, who has also joined the Dotty team. Sarah comes with an incredible range of experience; 
She spent her career to date working in the most elite establishments in London from the best 5 star hotels to patisserie shops and Michelin star restaurants
She is regarded as one of the most talented pastry chefs in her field and was featured in Elite Traveller Magazine in 2018 as one of the top 14 female chefs in the UK. She has achieved lot in her career including producing her first pastry book called "Patisserie Perfection" in 2015
The counter was being filled up as I arrived...yum!
And if cupcakes are your preference feast your eyes on these beauties.

Takeaway is also available and look at the gorgeous boxes you get to take them home in.


Dotty's also now has an alcohol license so if you fancy a glass of wine or something bubbly with your meal there is plenty to choose from. 




There is even a "snug" a little hidden away from it all room to enjoy a more private Dotty experience.
 Such gorgeous vintage inspired decor. 
And finally from the end of June you will be able to climb these stairs and sit in the brand new upstairs dining area. Yes Dotty's is going up in the world, literally.

So while the upstairs is being finished you can sit at this pretty table. I think this is one of my favourites and no wonder it was reserved!
Or how about here?
And of course Carshalton is the home of the photogenic ponds....here they are on a sunny day at the other end of Carshalton High Street.


You will find Dotty's Teahouse in the High Street Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3AE. She is open 7 days a week Monday to Saturday 9am-5pm and Sundays 11-4pm. Booking a table, rather that turning up, is highly recommended as she does get very busy, especially at the weekends. 

Before I close here are a couple more of my cards which are on my shelves now, all one of a kind and handmade with love and ink in my garden studio. 





Thanks so much if you got all the way to the end of this very photo heavy post. I am sure you will agree, the transformation of Dotty's is wonderful. If you never saw my first Dotty post 5 years ago this is the link here. How far she has bloomed and grown since then.

Remember "A brew will see us through!" (I think cake and a card is pretty helpful too! 😄)

I post many more of my makes and weekly Dotty visits over on Instagram. Do check me out over there. My account is @jane.tyrrell or just click on this link.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


3 comments:

  1. Oh Jane - it looks just like my cup of tea. They've done a fab refurb and wishing them all the best. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Dotty's is looking splendid, such delicious looking cakes, that cheese cake looks amzing!! Your gorgeous cards will fit in perfectly. :)
    Maybe one day you and I can have tea there, now wouldn't that be just wonderful!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love to visit this tea shop and the surroundings. It looks exquisite and the cake and other desserts look so good. She truly knows how to run a business and is able to grow! I love your cards because they are not only varied but so unique, creative and pretty..even the male cards. Love the hummingbird one. The one card with the tea lady would be perfect mounted and placed in a frame and given to the owner to hand in her tea room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x