Saturday 1 May 2021

There's always Paris with Country View Crafts

Good morning and hello to May! It's the first of the month so of course I have 2 design team posts today for our new challenges.  First up is my design team post for Country View where our challenge theme for this month is "We'll always have Paris". So we would like you to share projects where the focus is on all things to do with Paris or even France...script, Eiffel tower, lavender..let your imagination run wild. 

As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I last visited Paris for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2011..yes it's our 40th this year. In fact the photo I use for my blog header was taken at King's Cross when we caught the Eurostar to Paris. Such fond memories...




We had a wonderful time staying opposite the Luxemburg park.

On our actual anniversary day, 25th July we went up the Eiffel Tower and had champagne at the summit at 3pm, the time we were married. Such a brilliant day.
The view were just amazing.


 Sadly this year we won't be in Paris but I'm sure we will think of something Covid safe!!

So for my first DT make I found my few Paris inspired stamps and decided to make some Artist trading cards. This is what I got up to. I made a "masterboard" for them so I first laid down my red and blue distress inks in a French flag pattern.

I have some "French"  stamps in my Tiny things Tim Holtz set and also one of his old clear sets which has a French text stamp. I also got out my Visible Image Revolution stamp set.

I stamped in distress ink and built up my masterboard 
and then added the text in black.
I then cut it into 4 ATC sized pieces leaving an offcut, which you will see how I used it in my 2nd project on 13th May.
I stamped some elements from my Visible Image set and cut them out.
and then stamped my focal images, again from the Visible Image Revolution set.
Here they are ;




And here is a final group shot

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our May "We'll always have Paris" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the May challenge can be found  here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe. I will be sharing my 2nd design team project on the 13th.

These were great fun to make, a fond reminder of a great visit. Yes my Hb and I will always have our memories of Paris!

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Back again in a couple of hours.

Bye for now

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATCs, Jane. Thanks for sharing the photos of Paris, it brought back memories of my visit to the city. We were last there when I was in my early twenties, quite a while ago! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you combined these different makes of stamps together, old and new(ish) for a 100% French inspired make. Lovely trip you shared with us too, Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe such lovely memories!!!
    I love your beautiful French artwork.
    Happy May my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you created a masterboard first, it’s one of my fav things to do, they are so versatile. The finished cards look amazing with their individual focal points and looks like you may have some card left over for future makes. Love it! hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what amazing ATCs! I loved seeing how they came together and your designs are so beautiful 😁. Such happy memories of visiting Paris too, thanks for sharing! I hope you're enjoying the sunshine this weekend and wishing you a Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really lovely Jane, we've all dug deep into the stash for this theme lol. Take care and have a very happy May, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ATCs, Jane, with well designed background stamping!!! In 2011 you found a perfect place to celebrate your anniversary!!! So romantic!!! Happy May!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing, dear Jane! And your memories are precious. We all hope, that soon travelling will be possible again soon!
    Happy May!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Jane. And fabulous memories to go with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x