Saturday 15 December 2018

9 more advent calendar doors to open

I love my vintage advent calendars and have quite a selection to choose from each year. I still buy all the children big and small, advent calendars and no they don't feature chocolate!

This is the one I am using this year. I forgot to take photos of the kids ones this time!
It hangs by the side of bed and I see it sparkling in the darkness when I wake each morning.
The pictures inside the doors are so pretty.

Such sweet vintage angels.
I shall be opening my Number 15 up this morning.

I thought my card today should feature an angel. It's another vintage style Christmas card I made and is for sale down at Dotty's Teahouse, Carshalton
High St, SM5 2AE
I made an inky blue background using distress inks and then added an embossed blue panel. The lovely angel digi is from Graphic Fairy. The die cuts are by Tim Holtz, Memory Box and J Sheen. 
The silent night stamped sentiment is an old one from Lili of the Valley.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

That's Crafty 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Calendar 2/3 It's Christmas time
Fussy and Fancy 1/3 Christmas
Cute Card Thursday 1/3 embossing I have embossed the pale blue sheet of card under the angel
Moving along with the time 1/3 anything Christmas
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes
Allsorts 1/3 Christmas trees
Card mania 4/5 Christmas

Have a great weekend. I hope you are getting those Christmas odds and ends sorted out. There are just 10 days until the Big Day. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by here today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. 

I'm back again on Monday with my final DT post for 2018 for STAMPlorations.

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty advent calendar Jane ... beautiful traditional card too!!
    I have a yarn advent this year and its such a treat to unwrap a little skein of yarn with my breakfast every morning. :)
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful vintage style Christmas card, the angel image is so lovely.
    Love the calendar too, remind of when I was a child, it was all about the pictures ...not the chocolate!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice vintage advent calendar. I may have an old one somewhere. I like to pick one with chocolate, especially the good ones. Why not? :-} I need to get my cards out monday. I'm behind this year. Years ago I started them on thanksgiving...late in the day when guests left. I enjoy your cards a lot! Keep it up! Merry Christmas from chilly Oregon.
    https://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card, great design and images. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Tree' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty Jane! I love the angel and other wonderful details. Great vintage styled card.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the advent calendar!! And that card.. divine.. I adore the use of the vintage images and music. A homerun. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely card into Allsorts challenge too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are absolutely stunning!! I really love the Vintage style images along with the amazing details you've put into these! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, such a pretty colour! I love your vintage advent calendar, I forgot how much I loved opening those windows and finding a pretty picture in there. Must look for those ones next year!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi your card is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Anything Christmas Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is delightful Jane and I love how you have your advent calendar beside the bed to wake up to each morning. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x