Monday 24 December 2018

Tiptoe quietly

Christmas Eve has arrived and after all the excitement in December we are ready for the big day tomorrow.

Indoor New Choc is enjoying displaying my vintage decs and the chocs and my Christmas card collection from friends and family decorates the stairs. 
All my decorations collected over the years are out.


 Below is one my daughter bought me from Bruges many years back, it's an incense burner.
 And this sweet sleeping mouse is all tucked up awaiting Santa.
My Christmas plates are out including the gingerbread plate I painted at Centre Parcs in 2014
 and my mince pies are made.

I'm all ready for my family Christmas.

My card today is a very traditional one with all the meaning of Christmas summed up in the image. Christmas is all about being a part of a family, wherever they are. Everyone starts life in this world tiny and helpless. It's our families who nurture and love us and are there for us through all the many pathways we travel during our lives.
I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Pixie's Snippets playground #342 I used lots of snippets for my die cuts.
Crimbo crackers 2/3 anything goes
As you like it 2/3 anything goes
Time out 2/3 inspired by words I was inspired by the words celebrate, family and life!
Cute card Thursday 2/3 anything goes
Christmas at sweet stampin 2/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas #417 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper December

Yes it's finally the night before Christmas. Billy is not stirring from his green chair and the trees are keeping very still and quiet waiting for the man in the Red Suit to pop down the chimney later.
 I'll tiptoe quietly past my sleeping sweetheart and whisper Merry Christmas to him. 
I will close with a little poem, one of my Christmas favourites;

The merry family gatherings-
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they
harmonize in carols sung.
For Christmas is tradition time
traditions that recall.
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all

(H. Lowrie Marshall)

Billy and I would like to wish my you, my lovely blog friends, a very Merry Christmas. May you enjoy your family time together and raise your glasses, as we do every year, to all our loved ones from Christmases past, present............. and yet to come. 

Cheers!

With love,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jane. thanks for everything you shared with us this year. the best gift you can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very merry Christmas Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Love the outdoor ones! Your card is gorgeous too

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it certainly looks truly warm and welcoming in your home right now :) Beautiful decor and lovely card. Wishing you well for the coming year. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazenut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you, your family and the lovely Billy, the happiest of Christmases!!
    Much love,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Merry Christmas to you, Billy, and all your family Jane, and a very happy 2019 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping by to wish you a Happy Christmas and a Crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that your Christmas would be enjoyable and may the essence of Christmas remain always with you. Merry Christmas .
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card and such a lovely post Jane. Really sums up Christmas!

    Happy 2019.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a great Christmas. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Di said, beautiful card and beautiful post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and a wonderful description of what it means to you. Thank so much for sharing it with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at As You Like It and we love to see your cards/creations in the new year! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x