Monday 10 December 2018

Alice in Winter Wonderland

Today is my last design team post of 2018 for Visible Image. Helen, Mark and the Design Team are all taking a well earned break until the New Year. I have shared no less than 49 design team posts in 2018 and I thought that before I share my project for today that I would just revisit a couple of my favourite Visible Image DT makes from 2018.

Now it was really a tough choice for me as everything I made I have really loved making. I wonder if you would agree with those I have chosen??

Anyway I got it down to my top 5...and they are here in no particular order. If you would like to see the stamps and processes I used I have also added the links to the original blog posts.

The first I chose used the alcohol lift off technique. This was Daisy's starting school card! My original post is here

 No 2 is a card I made back in the early part of the year. Face It is still one of my all time fave stamp sets ever! This is my original post
Number 3 is a card I had published in Creative Stamping Magazine in September which I still have had not had a chance to blog. So it's a first here today! I used into the woods.

Number 4; 3 of the 6 Halloween tags which I had such fun making. I used so many different sets. Here is my Halloween post sharing lots of them.

Finally number 5 is a card made with stamps from the March sentiments sets release...I love these sentiments so much and the angel wings just worked so well with the oxide background. Here is my original post.
I'm also delighted to share that my winner's profile for the Take it make it challenge using my Visible Image card is published in this months' Craft Stamper magazine. So if you want to read a little bit more about my crafting journey do check it out!
 Here's a little taster of my card using the you are not alone set
So back to my final make Design Team for 2018. I used stamps from the Wonderland series which have been such a phenomenal success after their re release this summer.
I used Alice to make Daisy's Christmas card as she absolutely loves this stamp.
 I wanted to create a winter wonderland scene for Daisy, she loves looking at the details. For 5 she is a very savvy designer!  I also used 

I coloured Alice in festive colours using Zig watercolour pens. I stuck a snowflake die cut over the tiny skull on her ribbon as I thought it would make a better Christmas detail...you will see this in the final photo. I added lots of sparkle to her hair and fussy cut her out.
To make my winter scene I blended some green distress inks onto card stock and added some flicks of water. I stamped and embossed the moon from the believe in unicorns stamp set using Frantage for texture. 
I created hills by masking and adding more ink. I stamped the trees from Into the Woods and embossed them onto acetate and cut pieces out to fit as needed. 
I also stamped some tree branches using the Organics set

Here is my finished card
with some close ups.
You can see the snowflake on her ribbon and that I also stamped and gold embossed the star from the angels set. 
The snow was created using the 
little stamps from the snow is falling stamp set.  
and one final shot

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Stamping sensations 2/3 winter sparkle there is a lot of sparkle IRL on the ribbon edge and the gold card.
Penny Black and More 2/3 traditional Christmas colours
Love to Create 3/3 anything mixed media
Card Mania 3/5 Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas anything goes
ABC Christmas 2/3 Y is for your favourite things mine just has to be snow.... I wonder if it will?
Crafty Catz 1/3  anything goes
Moving along with the times 1/3 anything Christmas
Crimbo crackers 2/3 anything goes
Winter wonderland 2/3 anything goes

So it's a Visible Image wrap for 2018 for me today. I will obviously still be blogging over the Christmas break and some projects are made with Visible Image stamps,  but I won't be back with any more Design Team inspiration for them until Monday 7th January. And rumour has it that there are lots of very exciting new things coming your way in 2019...but my lips are sealed.

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For December and January the theme is "Christmas/Winter".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

 The challenge ends on 31st January 2019 so you have plenty of time to join us.

Back soon with more of my countdown to Christmas posts here at Jane's Journal. I have a big heads up for those of you who love to see my cat Billy's annual Christmas blog post. He has been busy typing it up because..you guessed it....the Christmas trees have arrived! He'll be here on my blog on Wednesday, you have been warned! 😼
Here's a sneak peek


Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Oh my your chosen designs are gorgeous, all so different and full of wonderful colours, textures and details (that’s where Daisy gets it from). I’m sure Daisy loves her beautiful card too, it’s a fabulous snowy scene where Alice and her Christmas stocking really pop. I bet Billy is loving watching the changes to the house, my two were very curious to see all the boxes come out again. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing cards, Jane! And I love your new Alice in Wonderland design, perfect for a special little girl. Billy looks very beautiful and happy there, and all ready to help! Enjoy the Christmas countdown XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, you HAVE been busy Jane!
    Alice looks great in her festive colours and your background scene is a perfect setting! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy you have been very busy.Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Anything Christmas Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love in Alice in her snowy wonderland ... gorgeous colours!!
    Great cards all year in fact, gosh its flown in, I remember the face card vividly and you say that was early in the year!!!
    And of course Billy looking as handsome as ever!
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the stocking, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jane, my goodness you made a lot of wonderful cards over the year! Bravo! I will look forward to Billy's blog post.
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creations! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More Challenge!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creations I adore your Alice in Winterland!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely background to your Alice card

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz this week hope to see you joining us again for the next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy making lots of wonderful cards. Little Alice looks great against your winter background. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alice looks great on your card. Thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful little Alice..fabulous project..
    Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Jane.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x