Wednesday 12 December 2018

Billy and the trees 2018

Hello everyone, it's Billy, Jane's cat here which can only mean one thing...yes those trees are back!

I told you back in the summer in this post that that I would be back with my annual report and here I am.
So this is what happened this year.....there I was lying in my box fast asleep when I was rudely awoken by the door bell ringing.
I hopped out of my box and trotted downstairs
and caught sight of this outside, a delivery truck with captured Christmas trees in their netting.....
I noticed that this one had been carried inside the porch and rested himself up again the wall. "Hi there New Tree", I said and I heard a muffled reply from inside the netting. "Hello you must be Billy, it's good to be here". 
However there was another more shrill hello from the porch and I realised that a new Little Choc had also been brought inside. "Tee hee" she said, "Did I make you jump Billy?"
Now those of you who have read my posts over the years know that last year Old Choc went to the big woods in the sky...well actually the truth of the matter is that Jane put him out for recycling and he disappeared before the van came! So he is obviously living out his golden years in a field somewhere! (or someone else's garden)
So in came New Tree and Little Choc and Jane and her Hb set to decorating them.
First the lights and and then the decs.

 They were both so pleased to meet Jane's extensive collection of Christmas baubles, her newest Harrod's snowman jumped aboard first. 
He is so polite and tipped his hat to me.
I saw all my old favourites jumping onto New Tree. Of course Jane's favoruites  are from the 1960s, Mr and Mrs Moon. They don't look bad for 50 do they? 
Before long everything was done. New Tree told me he was delighted with his Christmas outfit. He is getting ready to look after all the presents when Santa arrives down the chimney. 
New Choc holds lots of Jane's vintage ornaments....and of course.....Chocolate. I think I saw her eyes glinting a little when she looked at her beloved Nan and Granddad's decs, they have a very special place in her very large Christmas heart. 
New Choc told she felt very proud to be wearing all that history.
I had a quick word with Candle Man last night ..he tells me that Holly Fairy was the inspiration for Jane's latest card
Hmmmm I'm not so sure...
and I beg to disagree.....I wonder who was the real inspiration 😼 
This is her latest card challenge card. 


I have the all the details to share...hang on, these claws are a bit slippery on the keys and I need glasses, now that I am 10, to read her instructions.

OK I've go them on....here goes.... she says she used a stamp called the Cheshire Cat by Visible Image to make it and she coloured him with Zig watercolour pens. I must admit he's quite a bright tabby cat but he certainly looks pleased with himself doesn't he. She used another of the windows she made using acetate (what the hell is that.....I wonder if it's edible?) She also says she made an alcohol ink background on Yupo paper....hmmm that might be the tipple she is leaving out for Santa soon.
She also die cut lots of leaves and snowflakes, poor things fancy dying for your craft! I also spotted Santa and the reindeer there too.....not long now!

She likes to enter card challenges, this is the list (now my paws are getting quite tired)

Pixie's snippets playground #341
Fashionable stamping 1/3 winter
Stamping sensations 3/3 winter sparkle
Penny Black and More 3/3 traditional Christmas colours
Winter wonderland 3/3 anything goes
Alphabet challenge 2/3 s is for season's greetings
Creative artiste 1/3 anything goes
Craft Stamper take it make it 1/3 December
The cutie pies 1/3 add a little sparkle
Shopping our stash 1/3 tis the season
Time out 2/3 joyful

So it's a Christmas wrap from me and until Jane goes potty again and thinks it's Christmas some time next summer I will be resting my paws



and dreaming here....on my green chair.
Merry Christmas friends.

Jane will be back very soon,

Big purrs from,

Billy xxx



16 comments:

  1. A lovely make Jane with lots to see on there and so lovely to read Billy's views on everything too! Many thanks for joining in this month with our Traditional Christmas Colours challenge at Penny Black and More xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card and wonderful cat and deco! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More Challenge!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe bless you Billy, you do write a good blog post!!
    I'm not sure how I missed it but I didn't know that Old Choc was no longer with us, that made me a bit sad! :( Lovely to see his young replacement though looking very smart!
    New tree is looking very lovely too.
    Bit rude waking you up out of your box though, I have to say. Glad to see you managed to squeeze in a little nap on your green chair though. :)
    Lovely as always to hear from you Billy, best wishes to Jane,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Sorry I forgot to say great card and absolutely no doubt where the handsome inspiration came from!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! !
    Today I decorated the Christmas tree. I really enjoyed it! Every year I get very excited, I decorate the Christmas tree and it begins to feel like Christmas. I think this year's Christmas tree is also very beautiful.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo, Billy.. another great post from you! The tree looks very pretty. And love Jane's card, did you help her with it?
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it’s all up and beautifully decorated now Billy so you can rest again and enjoy the new pine smells. Lovely card from Jane but I see you have a friend on it Billy, it must have been inspired by you. Have a wonderful Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and such a lovely and happy Christmas post! I didn't recall Old Choc's demise - hopefully thriving in a garden somewhere.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post. Love that cheshire cat image surrounded by greenery and snowflakes. Thanks for playing again with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, too cute and such a fun blog post to read. As a cat lover, I really appreciate your kitty and the quiet, mischievous personality they all have. Thank you so much for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulously festive card Jane and you've embellished it beautifully. Thank you for joining us in our 'Winter Sparkle' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Warm Winter Wishes, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely Christmas card. A fabulous background and colours.
    Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wish my cat was this clever!! Such a cool card design, love seeing non-traditional images and your colouring is fantastic. All the extra detail with the die-cutting is amazing, its such a cool card. I'm so glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is an imaginatively designed card, there gives a lot to discover. Thank you for participating in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty Hugs and Merry Christmas
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an unusual card,really personal just great thanks for joining us here at Cutie Pie challenge good luck Lyn DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun story and awesome card. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge.

    Have a lovely Christmas!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x