Wednesday 19 December 2018

Crackers for Christmas 2018

I have been able to tick lots off my list over the last week and one of the things I needed to do was to make the Christmas crackers. I'm always delighted to see that Tom Smith still make Christmas crackers and these will grace many tables on Christmas day.


My handmade crackers have become quite a tradition in our family and shop bought one just can't be sneaked in by me anymore. As we will be celebrating with Daisy and Jack this year I decided that the theme had to be "cute animal" as both Daisy and Jack really do love animals.
I found I had some really old printed squares by Lili of the Valley which I bought years ago. They were perfect and I die cut them into ovals.
I used my trusty spellbinders die
and also die cut some deer and skates in silver. 
I put my design together and added some silver glitter for some sparkle which you will see more clearly in my final photos.
I gathered all my supplies and set to making 9 crackers.

Complete with corny jokes, gifts, paper hats and a banger.
So here they are


and one final shot.
I would like to enter my crackers into the following challenges;

Crafteezee 1/3 a gift
That's Crafty 3/3 anything goes
Fussy and Fancy 3/3 Christmas
Moving along with the time 3/3 anything Christmas
Crafty Catz 3/3 anything goes
Die cut divas 1/3 winter

 So my card today is another traditional  Christmas favourite; gingerbread men
It is for sale at Dotty's Teahouse, Carshalton, SM5 2AE
The gingerbread man stamp is an ancient favourite of mine from my stash. I white embossed 2 onto kraft card and fussy cut them out. I added some gingham ribbon, die cuts and a few sequins for bling. The backing papers again are ancient from my stash.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas anything Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper December
Penny Black and more traditional Christmas colours
Stamping sensations 3/3 winter sparkle
Simon says stamp Wednesday Christmas


 Thanks so much for stopping by. I met up with my daughter and Jack yesterday for our last get together before Christmas Eve. Time is really racing by now and this time next week it will be Boxing day!

Back again on Friday,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    oh how I love your wonderful crackers and their designs look so awesome.
    I have always wanted to make my own crackers but never got round to it.
    Love the Gingerbread card too is very yummy.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look super, I have JND die for cutting crackers, it is brilliant, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing Jane .. I always love to see your hand made crackers, I wonder what's inside!!
    Pretty little gingerbread men too. :)
    Enjoy the rest of this crazy week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love seeing your crackers that you make each year. I might need to pick some up for our Christmas Eve dinner. That's when our kids will be here for dinner and opening gifts.. they have moved to their own home now so have planned to stay at their new house on Christmas day. Have a wonderful celebration with your family, Jane.

    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are amazing Jane! WELL DONE!! Thanks so much for playing in our FINAL challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
    Darlene
    Fussy and Fancy Girl
    FUSSY AND FANCY
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gingerbread men cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sure your crackers will be a huge hit with the big kids as well as the littlies and your card is fabulous, I love the gingerbread men. Not long now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother-in-law always buys crackers for Christmas at their house! Maybe when I'm retired I'll find the time to create a home-made version! Yours are so festive! Merry Christmas!! xo
    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home crafted crackers look very festive. They will look lovely on the table. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your crackers are perfect with those pictures and love the gingerbread card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, good luck
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your crackers are fabulous and your gingerbread man card is lovely

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful. I'm not sure what a cracker is, but it must involve some sort of small gift inside a tissue wrapped cylinder. Is that correct?

    These "crackers" do look marvelous, so very pretty and elegant even with an animal scene, which you would think that might not be elegant. Love your card too. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful creations, and the gingerbread men card is so very cute!
    Thanks for linking up this month at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Maggie
    Crafteezee DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x