Thursday 27 December 2018

Popping in post Christmas

Hello, are you still full of turkey? We had a change this year as we celebrated Christmas down at the South Coast with my darling daughter, her family and our son.
It was magical seeing Christmas morning through the eyes of Daisy. At 5 she is just the perfect age to take in all the magic. She was up at 7am, before Jack and could not wait to open her presents.
Jack woke at 8am and had lots of help to open his presents 😉
 and the sun rise was glorious. We even managed a seaside walk before lunch.
We had a wonderful time making family memories together.

I also wanted to share this little glass narcissi lantern. I bought one for my son and me just before Christmas.
As soon as it got home it started to reach out to the light.
Buds quickly appeared.
Soon I had one bud open.
and by Christmas Eve I was greeted by 2 flowers.
How pretty they are, daffs are my favourite spring flowers and it is a joy to bring them to life on my kitchen side at this time of the year.

Their lovely colour and cheerfulness and the warm memories of our Christmas gave me the inspiration for today's card.
This is a new one going down Dotty's for sale.  I had some time to make some more of my Wonderland birthday cards, which are very popular, but take me some time to make. I only tend to make them when I have spare time as they are certainly not ones I make any kind of profit from. I just make them because I enjoy doing so. The Mr Caterpillar stamp is from the Visible Image Wonderland series. I coloured with Zigs and fussy cut him out. The tags are very old LOTV stamps and the backing paper is ancient from my stash.
Here's a close up.
I've added Glossy Accents to his glasses and a wink of stella for extra sparkle.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

As you like it 3/3 anything goes
Time out 3/3 inspired by words I was inspired by the words celebrate, family and life!
Cute card Thursday 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper December
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday party time
The house that stamps built 1/3 anything goes

We have some time off until the new year so we are looking forward to some walks, catching up with family and just enjoying some down time.

Enjoy your time off too if you have some.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. What a delight to see Daisy as she discovers her presents under the tree! Jack must have been very excited to see what was going on. Have a super week between the big days.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Wow. Your Cushing cutting of that image is perfect. You have very steady hands. Happy new Year . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful Christmas you've had! :) I just LOVE this colorful and brilliant design on your card!! The glossy effects over the glasses is so fun! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures of a family Christmas, so many precious memories made!
    Thanks for joining in the As You Like It 'anything goes' challenge with your fab card

    Anne x
    https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
    http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a really fun Xmas, full of joy and family and I can see how this inspired your card today...the joy shines through! Super vibrant colours and what super glossy glasses. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super colourful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe what a treat watching Daisy and Jack enjoy the magic!
    I have to say though seeing those little daffs are a joy ... lighter evenings, spring on the way, that's my kind of magic. :)
    Gorgeous card!!
    Enjoy the rest of betwixmas,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon after Christmas, Japanese people start preparing for the year-end and New Year’s events.
    Compared to Christmas, many of these events are based on Japanese tradition and are deeply related to religion.
    The end-of-year party is called “bonenkai” in Japanese. “Bonen” means to forget (the worries of) the past year.
    People are busy with events on New Year’s Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card! I love the glossy accents on the glasses, it really makes them pop! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking this amazing birthday card up to the Anything Goes Challenge over on The House that Stamps Built! So many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Carftyhazelnut's patterned paper Challenges.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the project you shared but I also love the photo and the story you shared!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you again soon!
    We also hope you had amazing holidays!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I can't believe you have daffodils already! Hopefully, Spring will come early this year :) Your card is so much fun - the image is wonderful and I love how you added Glossy Accents to the glasses. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x