Wednesday 5 December 2018

Doe a deer a Christmas deer

I have lots of wonderful Christmas things around my house and some don't go away during the year as I love to see them all year round.
One of these is the sweetest bunny made by my ever-so-talented dear blogging friend Vivienne of Green rabbit designs. Vivienne and I got back to my very first blog posts 8 years ago and we have become very close friend, despite her living in Northern Ireland. On my wish list is that we will one day meet up in the flesh.
I bought Holly the Christmas bunny some years ago
 and she sits on my piano along with the sweetest pig called Priscilla. Vivienne made me her some years back for my birthday. (Yes Vivienne knows of my life long love of pigs)
When Vivienne lists her bunnies and animals on Etsy you have to be very quick as they hang about for about 30 seconds after being listed. I had spotted a rather wonderful soul she had made on her IG page and decided that I would try to buy her as a present for me when she went up for sale on Etsy. The day came last week I was just thrilled to be successful.

My parcel arrived...all beautifully wrapped
I carefully unwrapped her....just look at the darling cardi and dress..
Say hello to Doe a deer a Christmas deer!
She was a little shy at first..
but Holly took her by the hand and asked her to pose for a photo.
They have become the best of festive friends
and now all 3 sit together on my piano. They are so delightful.
So my card today had to feature deer didn't it.
This is another newbie up for sale at Dotty's Teahouse in Carshalton High Street, SM5 2AE
The hillscape die is by STAMPlorations, I used it to cut some lovely festive DP from my stash. The tree is a part of a memory box die, the snowflakes are Cheery Lynn, the sleigh is Marianne. The deer are Noor and The Works. I stamped some snowflakes on one of the deer in silver. The stamped sentiment is ancient form my stash but one I love to use.

 Here are a couple of close ups of the Wintry scene I created.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes
Fussy and fancy 2/3 Winter/Christmas
Crafty Calendar 2/3 It's Christmas time
Ribbon girl 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Card Mania 1/5 Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas  anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper  anything goes
The paper girls 1/3 die cuts
Double D 1/3 run run Rudolph
Alphabet challenge  1/3 r is for reindeer

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your preparations are going well? Remember to take the time to look at the little things too at this time of the year which makes it so magical. I hope that for you too, "All hearts come home for Christmas".

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Awe!!! How lovely to see Holly, Pricilla and Doe altogether!! Thank you so, so much my friend for your support and friendship and it is also my wish that we'll meet up some day .. we definitely will!!
    I love your little card today especially the sentiment as my son and and his lovely girlfriend will be home for Christmas very soon!
    Once again thank you lovely ... have a great day and rest of the week,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is playing games with me. I shall try again. I love what you have done with this card. How clever to create the snow using a Nordic style design paper for the slopes. I'm pleased your two are best of friends and not getting up to any mischief. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talented friend you have, Jane! Doe is simply beautiful and a lovely addition to your family. I love your beautiful card with its lovely scene, so different from your usual style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card creation! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Run Run Rudolph’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. The contrast of red, black and white is awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Jane! Lots of details and texture. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Run, Run, Rudolph" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Calendar Challenges! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this!! The red and white are so striking, and then the black silhouetted deer really pop. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x