Monday 3 December 2018

Preparations for trimming the tree

We chose our tree yesterday and it will be delivered today ready for us to decorate during the week. As regular readers of my blog know Billy my cat likes to write that post and that will be coming up soon. I have lots of treasured ornaments and I decided that I would like to make something handmade for my darling granddaughter Daisy to hang on her tree. She really loves the Visible Image Wonderland characters so I decided that for my Monday design team inspiration I would make an ornament using the fab Cheshire cat stamp.

 I started with a plain wooden snowflake from my stash.
 I gave it a coat of gesso and then added a little sparkle to the edges.
I die cut 2 holly branches
 and added red Stickles to the berries.

 I coloured Mr Cat
from the Cheshire cat set

in festive colours using Zig watercolours. I fussy cut him out and added glossy accents to his eyes and some Glamour dust for sparkle
I wanted to date Daisy's ornament so out came the ever useful alphabetical set . I stamped and embossed 2018 in red.

So then it was just a case of putting everything together. Here he is;
ready with his stocking hung for the man in the red suit to fill to the brim!



I gave him to Daisy on Saturday and her little face lit up. We were lucky enough to see them get their tree and decorate it.
She was so thrilled, bless her and couldn't wait to hang him from the tree.

I would like to enter my tree ornament into the following challenges;

Crafty cardmakers 1/3 anything but a card
 Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes
Fussy and fancy 1/3 Winter/Christmas
Stamping sensations 1/3 winter sparkle
Penny Black and More 1/3 traditional Christmas colours
Love to Create 1/3 anything mixed media
Crafty Calendar 1/3 It's Christmas time
Ribbon girl 1/3 anything goes
Crafteezee a gift
Allsorts 1/3 fairies, fantasy, magical I think my red and green cat is rather magical 😸
Cupcake Inspirations The holidays
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For December and January the theme is "Christmas/Winter".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

 The challenge ends on 31st January 2019 so you have plenty of time to join us.

I hope you might feel inspired to make your own Christmas ornaments, you don't even need any Christmas stamps to do this. There are only 22 days until the Big Day....are you ready?

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. Awe that little face!! Such a lovely memory for her to keep and put on her own tree one day!
    Love the berries!!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tree decorations and love the smile on the little ones face!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Penny Black and More challenge, please do come join in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really super make and a great image. Thank you for joining our 'Magical' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cheshire cat!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous, Jane, and it looks fab on the tree! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations for our Winter Sparkle challenge.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magical and fun ornament, I just imagine that Daisy will remember this ornament for the rest of her life. I'm done with cards, almost done decorating but right on track with not having many gifts found. LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that tree ornament, I’m sure Daisy will treasure it for many years to come. Have fun decorating xxx



    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful decorations . Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
    Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very clever. You certainly rock those VI stamps Jane and I can see how much Daisy loves it too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Winter Sparkle' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Warm Winter Wishes, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so stinkin' cute. As is she ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous ornament! So pretty. Thank you for joining in our challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project. It looks wonderful on the tree. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, how adorable and fun! so festive and bright and so sweet that your granddaughter enjoyed it. thank you so much for playing along with the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool! Really funny! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very clever ornament for the tree! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Calendar Challenges! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x