Monday 18 March 2019

A rainbow lion

Well what mix of weather we have had over the last few days...rain, sun, sleet and wind strong enough to bring down a few trees.

Everywhere though is really greening up and looking very spring like. I have spotted this rainbow of flower colours this week at various place I have visited

 as well as in my own garden



This fits well for my Monday Design Team make I am sharing today for Visible Image. It is a "rainbow lion "I made for the recent Create and craft show using the fab Cowardly Lion 

For his background I created a rainbow swirl using the Strobes stencil


I wasn't sure which colour I wanted the medal or crown so I stamped several out on white and gold card and used the brilliant dies to cut them out.
I coloured my lion in Promarkers and decided to give him a rainbow mane and tail too!
Here is my finished card.
with a close up of my rainbow lion.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Passion for Promarkers anything goes
Happy Little stampers watercolour anything goes
Mix it up 3/5 anything goes
Stamping sensations 2/3 somewhere over the rainbow
Through the purple haze 1/3 rainbows
Pile it on 1/3 fave colour or rainbow

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Your rainbow of a garden just made me feel so good since it is nothing but browns and greys here and we are to get snow again. Your Cowardly lion card is great! I love the rainbow coloured background and his name. A bright, cherry card with a great message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, love your rainbow lion ... what a great idea! :)
    Lovely floral images too, thank goodness the weather has calmed down a bit.
    Have a wonderful week my friend .. we're off to Edinburgh on Weds for the Yarn Festival,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fractured sunburst effect and clever design. Looking forward to some warmer days to be able to get out in the garden again, your pots are gorgeous. Enjoy your week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super 'Rainbow' creation Jane, I saw this Lion somewhere else and thought it was such a shame the same they have him as he's lovely! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely rainbow card with a very nice design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Lovely spring flower fotos too. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning creation! Love your background and how you've colored the lion's hair. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On. Sorry for the problem with our Linky; please resubmit your project here: http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/03/pile-it-on-challenge-152-your-favorite_17.html. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is perfect for this lion with a rainbow mane. A great card.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in our gallery HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lion look is not so happy, but he makes me smile. Colourful hair!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x