Monday 11 March 2019

A spring in my step

It's been lovely having my son's sweet pup to stay (well he's 7 and huge so I suppose that's not really the right description). I love walking so taking him out, when it's not raining, is a pleasure not a chore.
I took him over to one of our local parks and was delighted to see how many signs of spring were visible.
Gorgeous blossom,
drifts of daffodils
It certainly put a spring in our step
and in my own garden my magnolia is just about to burst open its blossom


It's also only a few week's away until my daughter's birthday so my design team Monday Make for Visible Image is her card...shhh keep it secret for now.
I used one of the new fab stencils
a flower made with the random art of kindness set,
the wonderful hummingbird from life is beautiful
and the birthday sentiment from Go to words
I first made an inky background using distress inks and the stencil. I have made several backgrounds so expect to see the others used too at some point. 
I cut a square from the card and then stamped the flowers into the centres of the stenciled flowers.

I also stamped the same flower onto an alcohol ink scrap and cut it out.
I stamped the hummingbird and painted it using Starlight paints for extra shine.
I then cut it out and put my design together.
Here is my finished card.
with a couple of close ups

and one last shot
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The house that cards built 2/3 Easter or spring
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes
Creative moments 2/3 anything goes
A gem of a challenge 3/3 anything goes
We love to create 3/3 anything mixed media
Stamping sensations 2/3 somewhere over the rainbow by blending my distress inks I have all the colours of the rainbow on my card.
Sweet stampin 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 
If you missed seeing the fab Create and Craft Wizard of Oz stamps show on TV you can still watch via this link. It was fun to wave to my cards! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Your magnolia is magnificent and so many flowers and your pretty flower and hummingbird card looks delightful. Bear obviously loves his walks too especially in the park. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous card, such beautiful colours Jane. The Magnolia and blossoms look wonderful too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Jane! Firstly, I must apologise for not having been over for a while - I tend to be preoccupied with Facebook these days,as everything is in one place and must admit to neglecting my Blogger buddies...so thought I would pop in and say Hi!...
    I love your photos of the local area and yes, Spring is definitely trying to force it's way through, even if Winter seems to be hanging on in there some days!
    I'm sure Milly will LOVE the card that you've made her - it is so vibrant and works fabulously with that pretty hummingbird image. I am busy with design work at the moment - there was a time, not that long ago, that I wondered if I would ever do any more, but the time is right and I'm enjoying it for now, so there is a new project in the works!
    Hope you have a lovely week and that the sun continues to shine (between the showers anyway!)
    Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely make and fab colours - TFS those lovely pix at the start of your post too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it helps any Jane, Alex's Lab George is now 10 and we still call his Puppy Dog George the name given to him as a pup stuck.

    Bright vibrant and welcoming and I love it, thanks so much for entering into the spirit of our 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and inspiring card, as well as your spring walk. Your magnolia is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your Magnolia - it's one of my favourite trees - I heard the other day that the Magnolia will only come into flower when it knows the weather isn't going to get colder - I wonder if that's true. Gorgeous card too - thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, M will love it!!
    Spring is bursting out all over ... your magnolia is looking so pretty!! :)
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card, a riot of glorious colour and beautiful stamping. Thank you for playing along at sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What beautiful colors! And that background is really cool! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful photos -- I'm so ready for spring! Love your bright and happy card! So happy you linked up to the Easter/Spring Challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I´m sorry that I´m a bit late to comment your cool card. This looks fantastic, I love the colour choice, the wonderful embossing, well actually everything about this card looks awesome!
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Nick

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card made with lovely stamps. Perfect for our rainbow challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for joining. I like your spring photo's too, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

  14. http://welove2create.blogspot.com/ Thank you for sharing your card with the DT from We Love To Create,
    This card is beautiful , love the colors
    Hugs Corry. (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures. And what a stunning card with these stamps and colouring.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x