Monday 4 March 2019

A vase of tranquility

Good morning I am here with my first March design team post for Visible Image.
February went out in a blaze of sunshine, sadly we are back to usual March weather but at least there is no sign of the Beast from the East for now and my pots of primroses I bought are looking so bright and cheeful.
 I have shared 4 of the 6 new release mixed media stamp sets over the previous weeks. Today I am sharing a design which uses the last 2;
I have also used one of the gorgeous new stencils;
I had one of my light bulb moments for this project when I was staying with my daughter on Nanna duty. She had been bought a gorgeous bouquet of flowers which she arranged in a vase . She put this on a table and it looked so tranquil in her living room that my idea of creating a "Vase of tranquility" was born.
This is what I got up to.
I spayed some blue ink onto a piece of watercolour card and then added fossilized amber Distress oxide through the stencil
I made an "all seeing" vase from Kraft card and stamped part of the See everything stamp onto it
 I made lots of flowers, some I die cut out using a scallop circle die others I fussy cut.
I then got very busy colouring the flowers until I was happy with my bouquet. I added gel and glitter inks too.

Here is my finished Vase of Tranquility

and some close ups of the flowers, which I layered up with foam.





I would like to enter my picture into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Pixie's snippets playground #347
Time Out unique I love that I was able to make so many unique flowers from 1 set of stamps.
Emerald Creek dares 2/3 Ordinary day
Creative artiste 2/3 anything mixed media
Happy Little stampers watercolour challenge 2/3 anything goes
 Craft stamper Take it make it 3/3 anything goes
A gem of a challenge 1/3 anything goes
Stamping sensations 1/3 somewhere over the rainbow I have used all the colours of the rainbow in my project.
We love to create 1/3 anything mixed media

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

As a little heads up Visible Image are returning to Create and Craft TV this week. The first show will on Wednesday (6th March) at 7pm and the 2nd on Thursday at 10am. You can tune in via your TV or on line. They will be showcasing the Wizard of Oz dies and stamps so watch out for lots more samples and inspiration as well as Mark sharing some fab demos and tips. The set will have lots of our DT samples on the shows too so I will of course be waving to mine.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. 

Back soon,

Bye for now.

Jane x



18 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors and the 3-D effect. The primroses are lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane, this really is stunning! What a wonderful result, the flowers are just gorgeous being so vibrant and dimensional ............ and the vase - WOW!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jane, I love the vase of flowers!!! :)
    I have a little red and yellow primrose in my kitchen window box, I see it every time I'm at the sink (which is quite often)! :)
    Not such a nice start to this week unfortunately, wishing you a good one though,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Vase of Tranquility is amazing, Jane. What a beautiful design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very psychedelic image.. very good design! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this couldn't be any more perfect for our 'unique' challenge... What a project! I love all the details and especially the stamping on the vase. Such beautiful, bright colors on the flowers too. Amazing job! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant design my friend, the eye in the vase is so clever and quirky and I love the bright colours, just what we need with these cold, dull days that are with us again. Enjoy the rest of the week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A superb take on our theme and and I can tell you had great fun with this one Jane, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' theme at Stamping Sensations March challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and inspired words as seeing the beauty of nature and flowers always brings a sense of peace to me. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful project. Super stamps and colours.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic make,great colors and design...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this fits with 'unique' perfectly!! Its such an eye-catching card and especially love the image you used on the vase. The flowers are so vibrant and love that they have layers for dimension. And your background is not only beautiful but ties everything together. I'm so very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fab ..... stunning colours and great dimension. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great modern design. Each element works so beautifully with the rest. Great use of Visible Image products
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in our gallery HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is an awesome project - love those flowers Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bright, colorful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love the way you designed your flowers!! The colours are amazing and I love the details! Thanks so much for joining us for the Emerald Creek March challenge. Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x