Monday 25 March 2019

Into the woods

No I'm not going into the real woods today but into my imagination courtesy of my Design team card today for Visible Image.
Last year I had several projects published and I have not had a chance to share some of them.
This card was made for the fab Creative Stamping magazine and we were give a purple/blue colour way to work with.
I wanted to create a real journey "into the woods" so I made a card which had layers like an old fashioned peep through card which you can still sometimes see in toy museums. The top layer was an acetate "window".
This is the stamp set I worked with.
This is a lovely big A5 size stamp set and I used all the elements and 6 of the words. 

First I created the base background.
I worked with Peacock feathers, stormy skies, dusty concord, seedless preserves and picked raspberry distress ink blending them around a masked moon.
 I then stamped the "background" tree line using faded jeans distress oxide ink
Then I over stamped with the foreground tree line using wilted violet distress oxide.
I also stamped and embossed the foreground trees using white glittery powder onto acetate to make my "window".
I removed the moon masked, stamped one to the owls and added some crackle paint and left it to dry.
For the "raised" box part of the card I used distress re inkers and dribbled them down some card stock. I then stamped"branches" using the large single tree.
I also tore and pulled back the inside aperture. The acetate tree line "window" was stuck underneath. 
I then stamped and cut out the words and put together my peep through scene.
 This sideways shot shows the depth of my card and the layers I created.


and one last shot

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

 Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes
Creative moments 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stampin 1/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 1/3 make it square
Crafty friends 1/3 spring colours
Addicted to stamps 1/3 spring
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
It was a glorious sunny day yesterday and the sun has got it's hat on again today here again today. Sending some your way if you need it. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Lots of work shown here - such a great stamp set. Thanks for joining in with our Poetry challenge this week at Sweet Stampin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best sayings for your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever construction Jane and the owls are so effective!
    Wishing you a lovely sprintgime week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, Jane, this is just amazing! I love the design and the colours are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, that card is really labor intensive.. and very effective! Bravo, it's a winner!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic scene. Love all the layers and appreciate all the work that you put into this. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully bright design with fabulous layers as always. Your card is so striking with a lovely message. Hope you’re having a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Very cool Jane! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Addicted to Stamps!
    Darlene
    ADDICTED TO STAMPS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Springtime’ theme… good luck in the draw and please join us again.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x