Friday 1 March 2019

Time for tea

Hello and welcome to a brand new STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge. The theme for March is stamps and tea/coffee. This is a fun one for me as I really am a tea addict.
There is nothing I enjoy more that a proper cup of tea, in a cup and saucer in my garden and if the sun is shining it's even better!


I love sitting and enjoying my little garden whilst sipping my tea.


My family laugh that they have never heard me turn down the offer of a cuppa! I do sometimes drink cappuccino but I don't drink instant/filter type coffee at all. I went "off" coffee when I was pregnant with my son (now aged 30!) and never got a liking for it back!
There is also a sketch lovely sketch you can use too.


The rules in brief are that you need to use stamping on your projects. You don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to enter but of course we love it if you do! You can link up 6 times with new blog posts and you need to add our logo to your post. You can go with the theme, the sketch or both, the choice is yours. There are some fab prizes to be won too! 
This is the link to the challenge with all the info you need.

As always I used the theme and sketch and this is what I got up to.

I used the lovely 
and Always tea time stamp sets.
Remember that if you use my unique code STAMPGIRLJANE at the checkout you can save an additional 20% to any other offers currently running. 

First I stamped and water coloured the cup of roses.
I used some alcohol inks on Yupo paper to make my background.
I also paper pieced one of the cups from the always tea time stamp set.
I also used one of the sentiments.
Here is my finished card.

with some close ups showing the glittery roses.


and one last shot

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Time Out unique I love that alcohol ink backgrounds are so unique
Emerald Creek dares 1/3 Ordinary day
Creative artiste 1/3 anything mixed media
Happy Little stampers watercolour challenge 1/3 anything goes
 Craft stamper Take it make it 1/3 anything goes
CRAFT 1/3 Mother's day/female

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. They are so appreciated.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. Love me a tea now and then but a true coffee freak here - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea and your flowers and mostly your warm sunshine are a happy image. Love that card. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful card. Lovely background and colours.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card, Jane, such beautiful colours.... and there's nothing better than a cup of tea brewed in a teapot. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Right up my alley because I love tea! And your background is amazing! Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the alcohol ink background! It's funny I'm a coffee addict and I too went off coffee at the beginning of my pregnancy but it didn't last long! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's lovely Jane, the yupo background is great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please excuse my jaw dropping on the ground here Jane. WOW! what you have created is a masterpiece. That background is stunning and how you have coloured the cup of roses is so beautiful. The shimmer just tops it of perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers WC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the flowers and the fun tea cup. Great sentiment. Thanks for joining in at at the C.R.A.F.T challenge.
    Donna GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That surely is a beautiful and unique swirly AI background, Jane ... what a lovely spot for your delicate tea cups and those rich blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous floral cup. I'm like you love having a cup a tea in the garden.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design. Love the background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an amazing card. A great combination of different techniques and colors. The end result is stunning
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in our gallery HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the background of that card! Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beautiful background you created with the alcohol! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! Your garden looks lovely, and would definitely be a wonderful place to sip some tea!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Emerald Creek March challenge. Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous!!! Love it!!! Thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek's Dares...
    Good luck!!! Nora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x