Friday 1 March 2019

March flutters in

Good grief  here we are in March...now wasn't Christmas just a few weeks ago...hmmm time rally marches on and here we are into the 3rd month of the year. Spring is just 3 weeks away now.
What wonderful weather we had for the end of February, let's hope March is not too chilly. At least the daffs are all in flower. I bought these alpine daffs at Wisley recently and they are so pretty.
I still have some on my kitchen side too.

It is time for my first design team card for the newest challenge over at Country View. For March our theme is "letters/numbers" and we would like to see letters and/or numbers taking up a prime position on your projects.
You can enter our March challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the challenge can be found here.

For my first project I decided to make a card using the new Visible Image mixed media stamps which Susan has on the website. Mother's Day is on the 31st of this month so it was also ideal to add to my stock of Mother's day cards at Dotty's Tea House. I have used "words" in my project with book pages and the "numbers" are on the butterfly wings of the stamps. I used the entwined butterfly stencil and blended distress inks onto my book page. 

I stamped the Visible Image butterflies from their  wings of change set *****(EDIT; I note that this set has sold out but if you put your email address in the box on the website Susan will email you when they are back in stock) on to white card, fussy cut them out and then added a little shading and a touch of bling with some Spectrum Noir glitter pen. 
I added some heart die cuts and stamped Mother's day sentiment onto the cloud.
Here is my finished card.
with a close up of these gorgeous butterflies. 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Shopping our weekly stash 1/3 February I have gone with purple
The butterfly challenge B I have gone with burgundy. This is the colour of my small heart die and there is also burgundy in the mix of inks in my stenciling and my die cut doily heart. 
Time Out 1/3 unique I think our Mum's are so unique!

All the details for the challenge can be found here.

My 2nd DT post for Country View will be on 4 March.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. Let's hope that March is kind to us and even if it come in like a lion that it goes out like a lamb weather wise.

Back again at 3pm with my DT post for STAMPlorations as yes it is also the first Friday in the month!

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's day card with Visible Image stamps and stencils!!! Have a happy March, Jane!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - I love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Jane!!!
    I can't believe we're in March already ... crazy!!
    Have a great weekend my friend,
    V x
    P.S. Love those little daffs, very different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your daffodils blooming so beautifully and a fabulous butterfly card. Missed being able to see them this year, hope they return to Wisley next Spring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh your card is just sooooo gorgeous!!!
    I can't wait to see some lovely spring flowers here soon!
    Thank you for sharing and for celebrating FABULOUS FEBRUARY with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and pretty! I love the different techniques you used here, this card has great mixed media feel, very artsy! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great make Jane - great minds must think alike!!! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful card! The colours and background of butterflies is so pretty 😁. The sunshine last week was lovely wasn't it, it seems we are back to normal temperatures for this time of year now but it's nice to know that spring is just around the corner. Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing card, dear Jane! The new stencil and stamps are really great and you gave them a perfect appearance.
    Big hugs Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that background, the soft change between colours... A lovely mother's card, unique, like your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have made the background and the heart shaped doily full of hearts is so pretty. I need to get my skates on and make a few Mother's Day cards too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a unique approach and just beautifully executed! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash. ~ Hugz ~ Chana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your daffodils, Jane, thank you! And I enjoyed looking at your card, too - lots of interesting patterns! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Jane! I love that gorgeous background to show off those fun butterflies and gorgeous lacy heart! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an amazing card with so many things to look at that work together perfectly! Love the colours you used and having the typed words in the background adds such interest. And that heart die is so intricate, its stunning. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x