Sunday 29 January 2017

4 seasons in one day

Yesterday was the most freaky weather here...this was the view from my back door first thing...yes pleasant sunshine and quite mild.
We took Bear out for a walk and enjoyed seeing the sunshine on the ponds. We did notice some clouds coming over.....
and within 10 minutes of getting home this happened....

Yes an incredible hail storm...the noise on our kitchen Velux window sounded like stones hitting them. Much bigger and I think they would have dented our car.
These are some of them melting on the patio...magical aren't they!

It then cooled down and rained for a few hours...true British weather...4 seasons in one day.

My card today is a fairy one...a little bit of magic to cheer us in darkest winter. I had a commission to make some fairy cards for a lady in the USA via my Etsy shop..and this is one of them. The stamps are Lavinia and I made the inky background with my distress ink.



This little fairy says that the clouds are lined with silver...I think ours were lined with hail yesterday!

If you are interested in my fairy cards there are a couple of new ones up for sale in my Etsy shop here and here. As well as making new stock for Dotty's Tea House I am trying to get my little Etsy shop restocked too...the shelves there recently have been very bare.

I would like to enter my fairy card into the following challenges;

Craft heaven winter blues
Paper Creator anything goes
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes
Let's craft and create things with wings
Pile it on quoteable I was inspired by the little stamped quote I used on my card.
 Uniko anything goes
                                                        
Simon says stamp Monday spread your wings
Creative moments anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more anything goes


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday...whatever the weather 😄. Thanks for popping by and for your kind comments. Stay snug and Carry on Crafting.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


23 comments:

  1. A beautiful whimsical card, brilliant ink blending for the background and stamped to perfection. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the hail storm yesterday cos I was up at a Powertex workshop in Nottingham (I live up the road from you in Sutton) but heard about it - and saw some remnants of the hail - when I got home. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather is so unpredictable this time of the year.
    Your backyard looks wonderful . . . ready to burst into Spring color :)
    Dreaming of Spring and Sunshine!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning, love the beautiful background for this fairy, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You weather indeed was mercurial! We're having cold sunshine today. We drove up the gorge yesterday, I will share some photos tomorrow. Cute card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card jane - and wow - amazing weather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those hailstones are whoppers, aren't they!! Our weather has been pretty nondescript this weekend, just rather chilly.
    Love your little fairy card, I'm so glad your little card business is doing well...no surprise really!!
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to the weather as we have often seen that here. I love your card! I love the fairy stamp and the colours used....one can dream in this card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background you created on your card and the colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fairy stamp and card and amazing. I just went in and updated my last post to give you credit for the bokeh look I cased from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply magical! Lovely fairy card Jane.

    hugs, SArn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thanks for join us at Creative Moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card for our challenge this month Jane, I'm a great fan of Lavinia, thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find hail fascinating, kind of like fairies, seldom seen in person. Well, to tell the truth, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a fairy in person. Your card is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Jane,

    My! That's crazy weather all right ;-)
    LOVE your fairy card. I must remember to try masking to create a moon and silhouette stamping on top. The effect truly is magical!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little fairy card! So pretty and magical. The hail can be amazingly powerful can't it?? Let's hope we have a some warmer days again soon. Have a great week Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and stamps.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A third project for our Craft Heaven Shop January challenge?? Thank you sooooo much dear Jane!!
    Each one of the projects you entered is so unique that I can't really decide which one is my favourite.. But I think this one is..
    Once again you did an awesome job!
    See ya in the next challenge!
    Hugs, Tina (owner and operator at Craft Heaven Shop)
    Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Great colors and sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create challenge. We hope to see you again. ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was some amount of hail you had, TFS. Beautiful inky card, love the fairy.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow perfect background and stamp alignment! Martina ATSM DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't experienced a hail storm in 16 years! love looking at the pictures, and hoping there was no damage. Your card is pretty with the silhouette, thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, love how you have radiated the inks out from around the moon. A lovely sentiment too. Thanks for joining in on the Uniko challenge & my apologies for my late comment. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x