Tuesday 31 January 2017

January came and went

Goodness me where on earth did January go....one blink after Christmas and here we are at the last day of the month. It's been a busy but fun month for me especially celebrating my Hb's recent milestone birthday.  As a family we now have birthdays right through til June...one a month and the one in May is our 2nd grand baby's actual birth day (due 6th May) so my darling girl is nearly 6 months pregnant already.


There are already signs of the wildlife on the ponds getting ready to make nests and deliver the next generation. I spotted this handsome mallard duck preening himself and obviously getting ready to make an impression on the ladies 😉

He flipped and turned in the water

and had a good shake
a bit more preening
 Then it was time to meet up with the ladies
My waterfall shot today shows all the goings on down there...it's like Piccadilly Circus. Lots of meeting and greeting going on between the fowl.

Today's card is a revisit for me of one of my Tim Tag cards I made last year. I wanted to make something which features lots of wildlife.  This is my original post here and you can see how I made it. I made 4 bases at the time and I had one left which I have never made into a card. If you weren't aware, Tim decided to stop his monthly tags. I know he had been doing it for 10 years but I really miss it. So I decided to revisit my own cards I made over the 3 years that I had been a part of the fun and made something new. I hope to do this on a regular basis.

I had this base made...lots of lovely pinks and oranges again, I must admit I quite like this combo. I added just a bit of green to make it a little more wildlife friendly.

 I die cut some flowers using off cuts of pink and orange based inky scraps and a butterfly and here is my finished card.


My card was made for the following challenges;

                                                           Paperartsy pink and orange
Crafting from the heart anything goes
                                                         Paper Creator anything goes
                                                 Let's craft and create things with wings
Creative moments anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more anything goes
Simon says Wednesday anything goes
We love to create 1/2 anything mixed media
As you like it favourite flower and why..mine is the good old daisy I made amongst my little bunch on my card...as this is my darling granddaughter's name.

I will be back bright and early in the morning with my DT card for Country View as we greet the arrival of another new month.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Bye for now,

Jane x



18 comments:

  1. Fabulous nature inspired card, Jane! I love all the texture, layers and colours.
    January has also been a busy month for me with my eldest's 19th, MIL 70th, my 40th, and other birthdays in between!
    You must be starting to get excited about the new arrival in May and I hope Emily is keeping well - I'm sure she'll be starting to show now - I bet Daisy is looking forward too!
    It's a bit wet and blowy here today - I can't wait for some warmer weather now, I'm fed up of going round like an onion with so many layers on! Hope everyone's fine with you...Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe what a shame the monthly tags have finished, I always enjoyed your take on them....such a pretty card today though, I must say!
    I love your pic of the upside duck....brilliant.
    I can't believe M is 6 months already, that little one will be here in no time, thinking back to us this time last year and I know how quickly it went by.
    Happy Tuesday my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collage art card. I loved doing the Tim tags too but never managed to keep up with one a month so I have many untried techniques to revisit and experiment with. (You duck photography is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely arty collage card. Your tag has found a home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed your ducky photos! Your card is wonderful as always. How are your sales going? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous mixed media card, love the colours, stamps and techniques!
    Wonderful photos too, how entertaining it is to watch the ducks, I could spend hours! (Not while it's this cold though! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design - love the ink colours you chose - very artsy!
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your pictures Jane - it is always fun to see a duck turned upside down in the water --
    You card is beautiful - thanks for sharing.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just beautiful! Love the design and colors! I also love seeing your amazing duck in the water shots! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pictures of the ducks, they are such characters to watch. Super inky card with fab textures.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow fabulous work! Love all the details you added on your project. Thank you for joining us at As you like it!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh Jane this is gorgeous, I wish I'd done Tim's tags, I may just have to do them a few years late! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic mixed media project! LOVE the texture and colors on it. Thanks for playing along with ATSM Challenge 226

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Jane, very inspiring. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful ! So much to see ! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and we hope you'll join us for our next challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, but that pic of the duck with his feet in the air made me giggle! He looked like he's having fun!
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    In The Pink Challenge
    Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x