Sunday 15 January 2017

Just a little of the white stuff

Well we did get the forecast Arctic blast here on Thursday. Just as predicted the snow started falling at 5pm but luckily it was not too cold and very soon things turned slushy.  When I woke up on Friday morning and opened the back door, this view greeted Billy.
 Just a little of the white stuff.

 Brrrrr
Needless to say Billy didn't stay out long and quickly came back into the warm.

Today's card is one with some chilly colours but a sweet warm theme....a new baby card I made for Dotty's Tea House.
The stamped image is Ladybug Crafts Ink (sadly no longer trading). I die cut a mixed media background from a snippet of inky card I had in my stash. I stamped my image and then coloured on top with Promarkers...I rather like the effect. The sentiment is LOTV. The dies are Memory box and Spellbinders and the DP is an ancient digi paper I have.

My card was made for the following challenges;

Passion for Promarkers add some bling I added a charm and also used some glossy card for my focal backing card.
I love Promarkers use something new my new is the spellbinders lattice frame.
Memory Box Winter blues
Paper Creator anything goes
Creative Corner anything goes
Pixie's snippets Playground #263/4 My whole card is a creation made with snippets of card and paper.
Not just cards new beginnings
Creative Moments something new
Craft Heaven winter blues
Crafty friends new beginnings

I hope that those of you in the UK are all keeping snug? Today is very wet and one of those days it may not ever quite get light! My Finnish and American friends still have it much worse but then we just rarely seen snow in the balmy south of England 😉 Thanks for visiting and for your very kind comments you take the time to leave me. I really enjoy reading every single one of them. I think today is a day to stay in doors, Keep Snug and Carry on Crafting. We might even light the open fire today....there is nothing quite like an real fire to gaze at. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

19 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute snippet card Jane! And such a lovely post about the snow we're missing as well :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats about as much snow as we got in the end....thankfully gone now, it has actually been 10degrees here today although damp and grey.
    Such a cute card. :)
    Have a greta week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. brrrrrr!!! Glad that Billy didn't stay out too long! lovely card Jane! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane

    I plumped for a new baby card today too!

    I love your cute little charm and the fun little die cuts They are the perfect finishing touch to a lovely card.

    Our snow didn't last very long at all .. .. thank goodness. I think it is lovely to look at but that is about all it has going for it LOL!!

    Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no snow at all and it's supposed to get warmer...weird or what. Love your pussy cat who seems nonplussed by the snow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you enjoyed getting your little bit of snow.. we still have lots of it!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Billy!
    Your card is adorable Jane!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had about the same amount of snow too. Love the colours on your baby card and that cute design paper. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billy looks so much like my Tommy - of course we call him Tom Cat. Your card is so pretty and you are so lucky to have such a great outlet for your cards!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright fun card lovely for a baby boy,thanks for sharing it with us here at I Love Promarkers,Lyn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous Jane.Adorable sweet image and I love your design and colours.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had snow in Oregon since Wed last week...started falling Tues eve with big, slow falling flakes. One inch here and it's been freezing most of the week. Now tomorrow we are to get rain and above freezing for the remainder of the week. We've had snow more than usual this winter. Oh well, gives us something to remember. Yes, stay warm. My legs are chilly even though there's cozy sox and boots on indoors! Oh my! Nice little baby card you made. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card, lovely the colours and and cute image. Thanks for joining my bling challenge over at PFP last week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww this is so cute, I love that image and the fun banners! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Friends!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so funny how different the weather is from place to place. I've seen more snow inside my freezer, lol, although at this moment, you still have more than I do. Love the card. The image is so adorable and I just love the little onsies banner! Sweet card for a baby. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card <3
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

    Therese - DT
    www.tesansinspiration.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Jane… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your baby card is lovely and fits perfectly with our 'New Beginnings' challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card. Love the die-cut frame and the little teddy bear charm. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments.

    - SP (Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh Jane.. What an awesome card..
    The patterned papers and image are so cute and so are all the little details you added.. Looks great!
    Thanks for playing along in our January Craft Heaven Shop Challenge..
    Hope to see more of your beautiful makes in the future too!
    Hugs, Tina (owner and operator at Craft Heaven Shop)
    Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x