Friday 27 January 2017

Colour me bright

I went over to see my parents yesterday and we went to our favourite garden centre for lunch. It was so good to see so many colourful plants for sale. I love yellows and blues at this time of the year but I was also drawn to the bright pinks and oranges.


 Over at Paperartsy this fortnight that is the theme ...I looked for other pinks and oranges and found these

and mmm...yes...chocolate...these sentiments made me smile.



Darnell for her NBUS #9 challenge has an optional theme of hidden words using raised die cuts. So when I got home this is where I went with my challenge card.





I chose some pink and orange based Infusions to create an inky base




I added water until I was happy.




Once dried I took my orange and pink distress inks and my heart stencil to add hearts to the card...such bright bold colours.


I then used my inky card to die cut a Cheery Lynn heart.
I decided just to infill my sentiment with pink card as I don't have any foam to raise it with.

Then it was time to put on my creative hat and I came up with this card. Very "un" me colours but great to cheer up a cold winter's day. I also have some spare inky card to make some other projects with.

My card was made for the following challenges;

Paperartsy pink and orange

Darnell's NBUS challenge 1/3  #9
my never before use stuff is my very bright pink ribbon and the embossing folder which was another of my advent buys in the Country View Crafts sale.

                         Creative artiste anything goes mixed media anything goes mixed media


Simon says work it Wednesday January 1/3 something new my new is my embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by again today. Keep warm...during the day yesterday we hovered around +1c ....brrr it really was cold. Enjoy the weekend ahead. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



20 comments:

  1. Love the way your orange and pink card turned out, Jane! Such fabulous colours to brighten these dull, Winter days along with those cheery primroses!
    The sentiment chocolate bars are such fun, though I would have to wrap my own, as I'm picky when it comes to chocolate...definitely a Galaxy fan rather than the Cadbury's variety..but my favourite has to be Lindt white chocolate! Oh, you've got me going now!
    I've been busy drawing some floral designs and am actually really enjoying it - don't you love it when things just work?! Hope you're keeping warm, though it looks like the rain is on it's way - just in time for my Birthday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful jane and i love that the flowers inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jane - and I do so love the colours! A happy post :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday, Jane. Chocolate AND flowers.... my kind of garden centre!! Flowers are always inspiring. Happy weekend from very snowy America,

    Anne D.T. xx
    PlumTrees22

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty Valentines card. I love the step by step process and the pink lettering just bursts. Love the pics too because the colours are so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Jane....those colours always remind me of fruit salad chews which I can't eat anymore being veggie!
    I was tempted by the little primroses at the green grocers this morning but I think I'll wait a little longer before planting up my window boxes, still a bit too chilly.
    happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the pop of floral eye candy. Your card is fab as always. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The oranges and pinks look really pretty on your die cut heart, fabulous background you created. Enjoyed seeing all your garden centre pics too. Thanks for playing at Uniko this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm . . . Hot pink and orange . . . Fab winter warmer of a card.great technique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA, it's fun to look around and try to find connections and patterns in things, pink and orange was everywhere for you that day!! The flowers sure are pretty!! Love your card, that inky background is brilliant. Haven't tried those infusions, but looks like they work a bit like Brushos, reacting with water?. Love the fancy heart and the die cut sentiment, your black base creates a wonderful contrast!! Beautiful Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, Jane.. Love this combination, must make time before next weekend to get an entry made for PA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you colored the card stock and are you the smart one to have more to use another time!
    Loved all of your pictures as well as your card.
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome
    Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  14. a lovely card - nature sure gets its right with these colours x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink and orange, especially orange, are not my go-to colors either, Jane, but I have to say they are perfection for this heart die you used! The whole card design is fabulous! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #9 and thanks again for your get well wishes! I'm doing great, considering! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh you have been having fun! Lots of fun techniques and mixed media. The primulas in bright pink and yellow are exactly the ones that would attract me too! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. What pretty flower photos and amazing card. You are so creative and artistic, its a pleasure to stop by and see what you have made :) Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. My apologies for coming by and commenting so late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x