Thursday 5 January 2017

A loving feeling

Hello today it's my turn to share my 2nd DT inspirational piece for Country View where our challenge this month is "Anything Goes". 
If you missed my post on new years day do have a look at it here as I shared master board I made from hand made stencils and inks. You can enter any handmade craft, it doesn't have to be cards or tags it could even be a knitted item.  There are no limitations to the number of other challenges or the number times you can enter. You can win a £20 voucher too so it's win win in my books! All the challenge details can be found here.

We still have our son's dog Bear staying with us until the weekend. He has been so good and we have had such fun on our daily walks. The weather has been very kind and in 9 days we have only had 1 rainy one. We walked to Carew Manor on Tuesday. It was cold but blue skies and glorious sunshine.  I'll share some more photos soon.

Today I will show how I used the second half of the master board.  I need to be ahead with the cards I make for Dotty's Tearooms in Carshalton High Street so I chose to make a Valentine card with the remainder.

This time I made heart stencils with my glue gun
I cleaned them up 
and then placed them on top of the spare piece of master board left over from my New Year card.
I then sprayed another layer of red ink on top
to achieve this finish for my backing card which I matted onto black card.
I heat embossed an ancient (no idea of the maker) Valentine stamp and added a brad and charm.
and here in my finished Valentine card.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The ribbon girl 2/3 January card challenge
The Artistic stamper 2/3 anything goes
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 new goals for 2017 mine are to try to get ahead making cards for Dotty's (a local tearoom where I sell my cards) and also to get out and use more of my dies which have hardly seen the light of day. I really hope to use more of my existing stash this year and also ink up some long forgotten stamps.The stamp I used for this card is ancient and I forgot I even owned it!
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes
Allsorts 3/3 something new mine are the new heart stencil and the little heart charm which was sent to me by a dear friend.
Dies R us 2/3 anything goes
A bit more time to craft 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday new something mine is my heart charm
Cute card Thursday 1/3 what's new my new is my hand made heart stencil and my heart charm.

Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind comments. We took down our Christmas decs yesterday and after sorting out the house I am really looking forward to  getting back to lots more crafting, especially my mixed media work. I missed it whilst I made all my Christmas cards. I am planning a new art journal piece...work in progress and all very exciting. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. That really is a clever idea with the glue gun Jane....the possibilities are endless!
    Such a pretty card. :) Its going to be all hearts from now one....although I'm always looking forward to Easter (I've had two Creme eggs already!!!)
    Happy Thursday my dear....I've got a little companion with me today!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique ... beautiful creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant technique Jane - love the endless possibilities with a glue gun and am eager to try it. Love the card . Love your phot od Canor Manor it really was a lovely day

    xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Jane and the background looks amazing! Thank you sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had nice weather to walk Bear in.. and that you've got your xmas put away. I still have a few things that need to go in storage yet but it's mostly gone. Gorgeous card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought that The Manor was your home at first. Lovely creation Jane. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous ! Love the warm colours !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture and the grass is still so green!
    Love your card Jane! Thank You!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really have to try your background technique, so adorable! Your old stamp is very nice too, with the red embossing powder it pops out of the background.
    Have a nice weekend!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Jane! Love your resist idea with hot glue hearts! Sending wishes for a belated Happy New Year!! I am so grateful for your friendship and support over the last year, and I look forward to more inspiration and motivation from you in the coming year!! Hope all has been well with you and yours. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely technique for such a gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us this month for the "Anything Goes with Dies"! Please come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This new glue gun has already paid for itself! I have always wondered if it was a good investment... now I know! A great Valentine card and not too sweet to suit both men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is wonderful, Jane! I love the way you have created your own stencil with the hot glue - so very creative. And the red embossed stamp on the black die cut as your focal point is fantastic. I wish you luck with your New Year's resolutions! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Frilly and Funkie. We are always delighted to have your work in our challenges.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the background and cute charm. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely Jane. I have seen this idea and I must try it, love the rich colours you achieved x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Jane!
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x