Friday 26 October 2018

The end of the long hot summer of 2018

Well it looks as though autumn is going to properly arrive with a jolt at the weekend and all this glorious sunshine we have enjoyed in the South of England since late June is about to end. Also the clocks go back on Sunday so it will be dark by 5pm.

I thought I would have a final celebration of the mild sunny days we have enjoyed sunshine and also share a couple of awesome photo my SIL took with Daisy at their local beach last week as they watched the sun set.
We have enjoyed sunshine and warmth that has not been seen since the long hot summer of 1976.
I took these photos last week

 and when we visited the south coast to see our family at the weekend I took these shots. 
 Daisy thought it such fun to see how long the shadows were.
She also found a tree which had fairy doors and windows on it. 


and these are the photos her Daddy emailed me at sunset a couple of days ago.
So stunning, the beach looks on fire.

My card today is of course a sunny autumnal one. She's for sale at Dotty's Teahouse, Carshalton High Street, SM5 2AE
I used distress inks to create the background and the stamp is an old Penny Black wooden stamp from my stash, which I love. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny Black Saturday 1/3 anything goes/spooky colours
Dragonfly dreams 2/3 autumnal colours
 Addicted to stamps 3/3 autumn colours
Stamping sensations 3/3 shades of autumn
Penny black and more 3/3 autumn splendour
Creative Inspirations 3/3 autumn glow
As you like it 1/3 fave autumn colours/halloween mine are these autumnal ones; yellow, orange and brown. 
CRAFT challenge 1/3 monochrome
Cute card Thursdays 1/3 sparkles

 So it's time to get out those coats and scarves and hats. 
Farewell to the long hot summer of 2018, you have been wonderful.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

I think the countdown to Christmas is soon to start...it's only 60 days if you're counting like me!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Back on Monday,

Bye for now,

Jane x


14 comments:

  1. Another pretty creation for our Autumnal theme at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in. Greetings from Spain, Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful monochrome card. I love these colour tones.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics Jane and a very pretty little card too!
    I wore a scarf for the first time today for my walk!!
    Happy weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy looks like she is growing up so much, she looks so cute! It looks like you are having some nice weather. Very fun card, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Autumn card Jane! Lovely photos too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations and at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done using your old Penny Black stamp. I have a very similar one which I think I have used just once!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card with lovely colours

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm happy your lake is back in action. That looks beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, lovely colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Autumn Splendour' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your pictures, I loved seeing your daughter enjoy the Fairy door and windows. On to your card...great fall colors! I love your style! Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures and card thanks for sharing with us at craft

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! Thank you for sharing it with us at As You Like It, Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doh! Keep losing my comments when they are half written. Strange. I was saying how soon the weather has changed, but I guess that's only fair, we've had a lovely long sunny Autumn. First frost for us last week! Pretty card and lovely photos. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x