Monday 22 October 2018

A golden October

Good morning, this is the first of 2 posts from me today.

We are really enjoying an Indian summer here with lots of lovely sunshine and warm temperatures. The trees are looking stunning and showing off shades of red, oranges and golden. Such a spectacular show from Mother Nature this autumn.


There are also some very interesting seed heads in my garden 
It is time for my Monday design team make for Visible Image. We are well into our monthly challenge over on our friends Facebook page where the theme is autumn colours. You can join in the fun here.  I am sharing my penultimate Visible Image Halloween tag.  I used the fab skull stencil 
Now those who know me well know that I am not a particularly "skull" devotee in my crafting but at Halloween even I love the fun of this imagery.
I wanted my skull to be peeping out from a spooky tree background and so I used 2 of the stamps from
and the tiny tree and leaves from 
I wanted my leaves to turn to birds....a spooky twist so I also used the birds in flight from 

For the base of my tag I used mustard seed and carved pumpkin distress inks

I then stencilled on my skull using black soot distress ink
I stamped my elements and added the quote from leave your fears behind 
which I cut up and distressed.
Here is my finished tag
with some close ups


I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Stamps and stencils 2/3 Spooky fun and or autumnal twist
A vintage journey 2/3 autumn splendour
Creative Inspirations 3/3 autumn glow
Stamping sensations 2/3 shades of autumn
Penny black and more 2/3 autumn splendour
Not just cards 3/5 anything goes
Try it on Tuesday 1/3 Trick or treat it's Halloween
Frilly and Funkie haunted halloween
Addicted to stamps 1/3 autumn colours
Craft stamper take it make it 2/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 


Remember to add your "autumn colours" Visible Image creations over on our Facebook page  here  , it will be great to see them all. 

Enjoy the October sunshine and the glorious colours that are surrounding us. Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

I am back again at 2pm with a festive post for STAMPlorations.

Bye for now,

Jane x






18 comments:

  1. Such a clever design Jane using all those different stamp sets, I love you your mind links all those different elements together, especially the leaves turning to birds. A brilliant tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing tag! I love how you layered the inks using the stencil and stamps to create it - stunning 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful autumnal photos and a brillant tag ! GORGEOUS ! Great to see it linked to Try It On Tuesday! Thank you for joining us ! Happy new week!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design and fantastic layering of colors and images! Thank you so much for sharing this at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to say thank you, too, for playing along in our Autumn Splendor challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is creepy and I love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love, love this tag. It is creepy, spooky, and just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great tag with lovely Autumnal colours. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your fantastic Halloween tag with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is always an adventure Jane. Love your tag and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag!! Great way to layer stamps and stencils with cool Halloween colors and imagery. Thanks for joining in the Frilly and Funkie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really pretty seasonal creation for our Autumnal themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges,many thanks for joining in. Greetings from Spain, Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fabulous! Thanks for linking to Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. An unusual and striking design, Jane! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos and a wonderful tag.

    Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jane this is wonderful! Clever layering and a careful choice of colours used give it a superb spooky feel. Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x