Friday 19 October 2018

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

Good morning, I have some very exciting Craft Stamper news to share at the end of this post but first of all I'm back with my 2nd DT inspiration for our current "Plantastic" (anything plant/tree/vegetation related) challenge over at Country View Challenges,

My first make which you can see here was made with the memory of summer just being over.
We are now firmly into autumn, the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.
I love seeing the colours around me at this time of the year and with the amazing warm sunny days we have enjoyed this year the colours are spectacular.


Even my teacup is autumnal
I make a series of tags for my big and small children for their Halloween treat bags and my make today is one of my less scary ones!! I have linked most of the products I used to the Country View Crafts on line shop and remember all UK orders are posted FREE OF CHARGE! 

I used these colours of distress ink for the base for my tag 
and created this foundation.
I added some leaf stenciling using Tim's leaf stencil from his mini sets.
I also die cut some leaves, a flower and a sizzix pumpkin from card. I also die cut the old Tim tree in corrugated card. I added some crackle glaze to the pumpkin.
Then it was time to put my design together finished off with some of Tim's words from his small talk stickers

Here is my tag

with a couple of close ups;



and one final shot.
I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

A vintage journey 1/3 autumn splendour
Stamps and stencils 1/3 Spooky fun and or autumnal twist
Creative Inspirations 2/3 autumn glow
Dies R us 1/3 anything fall I have used several dies including Sizzix pumpkin,Tim Holtz Bigz tree and MFT leaves
Crafteezee 2/3 leaves
Time out 1/3 colourful
Not just cards 2/3 anything goes

We already have some lovely entries into the challenge, we hope to see lots more too.
All the details can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by today, there really is so much joy in the ordinary...we only have to look.

One last piece of very exciting news is that in September I was chosen as the winner of the September challenge over at Craft Stamper with this card . There are several parts to my prize and the first is to have my winner's profile published over on their blog. If you would like to see the profile I wrote and learn a little more about how my creative brain ticks do pop over to their page here  . I will also be guest designing for them in November and will have my profile and winning card published in the Craft Stamper magazine, I think in the December edition. I really am delighted!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Bravo on the gorgeous tag, Jane! Very evocative of Autumn and Halloween!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderfully autumnal with such gorgeous fall tones of colour Jane that are reiterated in your magnificent tag. Huge congratulations on being chosen the September winner for Craft Stamper, I saw your fabulous card and article samples over there, they’re all amazing. Happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I do love a pumpkin, your tag is lovely and your cup and saucer are so pretty!!
    Congrats on another publication too!!!!!
    Have a great weekend my friend, recovering here from a bug that has hit the family... yuck!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post and beautiful Autumn inspired tag. Love the colourful layers, perfect ! Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a fabulous tag! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything FALL’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely shades of colours there are on your Acer in the garden. Superb tag that captures all those colours too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely display of fall color and texture on your tag, Jane! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey! Huge congratulations on winning at Craft Stamper--so well deserved! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all: congrats to your win, so well deserved! Lovely article over there!
    The tag looks fabulous! Love the tree and all the autumn fruits.
    Your garden looks beautiful.... and nice teacup =)
    Big hugs
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing tag! I love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great fall tag. Love how you have included all the iconic fall themes - leaves, pumpkins and "naked" branches. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x